My Cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hi mate,

I don't know how you must be feeling right now but I just wanted to wish you all the best. My dad died of Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma a few years back and when they told us he was terminal I couldn't cope with it.

I really don't know what to say.

Sorry.

Once again, all the best.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Originally posted by El Gringo
Dude, that's absolutely horrible...

I was aware you had cancer but thought it had died out.. It really is a shock. :(

What form of it do you have, am I right in saying skin?

It's called Ewings Sarcoma, type of bone cancer.

This damn Cyber Patrol on this hospital computer is damn annoying lol

Soldato
Originally posted by Big Kev
All I can say is all the best, although I really want to swear.

Puts my feeble personal problems into perspective.:(

How very, very true.

Zoltan there is absolutely nothing I can say that would be adequate, I wish you all of the very best, and it's nowhere near enough. I respect you a great deal for the post, and how you have behaved, I salute you :)

Ant :cool:

Suspended
Originally posted by Zoltan
Well I've been to a couple of Ferrari track days lately. Should be going to Silverstone on the 9th September where I shall get some more rides in them.

9th Sept promises to be a good day out.

Try and get yourself along to Donnington on the 11th/12th September too for the 'See Red' event, that should be really special. Hope to see you there.

Soldato
Hold your head up mate. You're a credit to EVERYONE. Just enjoy your time. Even though I don't really know you I'm extremely proud to have known you even just a little.

Man of Honour
Jeeees that's rough. My dad died a couple of years ago of lung cancer. The only advice I can give you really is that if there is something you want to do then do it now. Hopefully you'll have a few more years, but by the sounds of your post I'm guessing it's quite short? Well, get on with whatever it is you want to do.

An example: my dad wanted to spend his last few months travelling the world so we gave him as much support as we could.

One good point though, and advice I'll never forget that my dad gave me: he said that it it had given him time to say goodbye to friends and family and get everything in his life sorted out. He said that most people never get that chance but he'd be given that opportunity. He was able to find good in even the bleakest moment. I hope you're able to do the same.

Best of luck. And you're in all our thoughts here.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Well I'm going to bed now folks, I really appreciate all of your kind words. I'm tired.

Night night everyone

Man of Honour
Having had a family member in her late 20s (IIRC - it was a long time ago now) die from malignant melanoma (skin cancer) a week after my 18th, I have some idea what effect this can have on the sufferer and their family. Still upsets me to this day if I think about it too much.

All I can say is all the best and make best use of whatever time you have. :(

Soldato
I really don't know what to say. I remember your thread a while back about your cancer and I really thought you'd beaten it. I remember that you were always (and still are) very positive about the whole thing.

I really don't know what to say other than to keep doing what you're doing, remain positive.

Man of Honour
Damn, sorry to hear that bud. Strangely enough I was reading one of your posts the other day and remembered you posting about your cancer, was wondering how life was going for you. Devastated to hear it’s returned, can’t say anything more, bit lost for words:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom