1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My cat and first attempt at photoshop editing

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by themask70, 4 Jun 2006.

1. themask70

Wise Guy

Well, i was outside today and my cat decided to follow me round my garden. He evetnualy got pretty tired and started rolling about on the grass. I took some pics but the weather was rubbish so un-edited they looked quite boring. Soooo, i had a go at editing it in photoshop (my first proper attempt). I hope everyone likes it, C+C welcome :)

EDIT: This one was originaly taken with my Sigma 70-300mm, but the quality / sharpness of the picture seems to of really de-graded :confused:

The original
    [​IMG]

My edit
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 4 Jun 2006
  2. Joe T

Capodecina

I think you overdid the saturation. The greass looks un-natural.

Just a shame theres not more detail in the face, I guess the black is underexposed.

Not bad though. :)

3. Dinomania

Mobster

I think it's nice that your original already has such rich greens - often the first thing I do in my photos is boose the saturation a little for more 'pop' - but the first pic barely needs any :)

Your photoshopped pic has a nice unreal quality to it what with the blown white and deep black, but it didn't really need it...

4. themask70

Wise Guy

I think my screen might be a bit 'un calibrated', the colours on the first pic look quite grey on my one.

Oh, and btw, i was hoping to get a kind of un-real feel to it :)

5. brocksta

Wise Guy

have a go at playing with the levels to get the black parts a bit more detailed, maybe something like this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 4 Jun 2006
  6. ChroniC

Sgarrista

Thats better, alot, maybe a tiny bit to bright