My Computer > Comments > How to add them?

Soldato
Hi,

might be a basic question but I cant seem to find an answer to it.

In "My Computer" there are choices of fields you can have to show info on the drive(s) etc. There is a "Comments" one but how the heck do you actually add a comment!? Ive right clicked the drive and looked at the properties but nowhere says anything about the comment.

Basically I want to add comments for each partition so I can see which disk they are located on easily without going to the Disk Management snapin each time.

Cheers :)

Soldato
OP
But Computer description only gives a description of the computer, not the individual partitions in "My Computer" or am I missing something here :cool:

Associate
I recorded myself changing the name of a partition, I think this is what you mean...

Here is a link to the video of me doing it. :)

Edit: I see the video is kinda hard to see, so I'll walk you through what I did.

1. My D: partition is called Files (D:).
2. I clicked it once.
3. I waited about 2 seconds, then clicked it again.
4. I changed Files to Schtuff.
5. I refreshed the window.

Last edited:
Associate
Etaqua said:
I recorded myself changing the name of a partition, I think this is what you mean...

Edit: I see the video is kinda hard to see, so I'll walk you through what I did.

2. I clicked it once.

From what I gathered from the question it was the comments section he was wanting to change.
For example click on My Computer in Windows Explorer and you'll see next to the Control Panel it says "Provides options for you to customise the apperance....etc"
He's trying to get something in this field for the C: and D: drives an all those.
If I'm wrong then sorry but thats what I took from it.

I've been searching the registry myself to see if there is any way of doing this....so far...nothing :p

Soldato
OP
Etaqua said:

2. I clicked it once.

http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/6661/mycomputerdriveproperties9ho.png

Hi, maybe I didnt put my question accross properly :p

if you see the screenshot (not mine) there is a Comments field, but how do you actually add a comment?

I know how to rename partitions etc etc, thats easy :p

thanks for the help so far though!

Back
Top Bottom