my dads polo 1.3cl, change engine?

Associate
well some of you may no i asked for a price on here for my dads car, well he said he will sell it to me for £300 i all ready drive a golf vr6. but i wanted to make a sleeper out of my dads old car and put a 1.8t 20V lump in it. is this possible is there a nother lump that suits better. please let me no :) how yea n ruffly how much will it cost to do?

Caporegime
i would suggest finding a good VAG owners club, as unbdoubtably there will be characters who have done simialr swaps before, and could provide some lifesaving tips on how to do this!

i reckon say it was a 1k for the engine, add another 1k or so for fitting, and bits and pieces, transmission, etc. and your nearly at the total cost, (most DET upgrades and swaps i have seen usually cost nearer 3k, and thats on an engine that only costs £300 to begin with..

Associate
A polo g40 engine would probably drop straight in as its only a 1.3. There is one for sale on ebay at the moment. It wouldn't be as crazy as a 1.8t but still fast!

Associate
you can use a number of different gearboxes with that g40 engine. I have seen someone use the polo 16v gearbox with it. They are also really tuneable, have a look at www.clubpolo.co.uk and ask some questions on there :)

Associate
OP
ok really thinking about this one just need to no about the insurence problems what happens to that? and the v5 doc? it would be all wrong.

Associate
I think what you have to do is send off something to DVLA to state the changes made to the car in terms of the engine etc so they can send one back with the correct details. Insurance wise you need a custom insurer like HIC or adrian flux.

Back
Top Bottom