My Fiesta ST

Associate
spaz said:
However it is also a pretty tunable engine, with an induction kit, manifold, full exhaust you can start seeing 190bhp+, a little more with a remap.

40+bhp increase from basic mods on a 4 pot n/a engine is never going to happen... you would be lucky to see a 10bhp gain imo. Unless this is some seriously under tuned engine from factory. Even then you would have to be abit more adventureous than just exhaust work.

Soldato
How much does it cost to change the springs? I want to get the eibach but am worried about it costing to much to get them on my fiesta!

Associate
Final Question from me...

Should I get just the side stripes, or the full, all over and side stripe combo?

Mine is a Performance Blue ST...

Soldato
I've seen a few on the way to work, and quite like the look of them, and don't actually mind the stripes either..

150BHP is respectable for a modern low emissions engine, par for the course..

PS - I see your Renault 2.0 16v, and raise you the VX 2.0XE (redtop) ;)

Associate
They are a nice looking motor, there is someone who works at my place who has one and it does look tidy and a very fun motor indeed.

With owning an ST myself I will be staying with the ST's when I change my car, already decided my next will be a Mondeo ST220, end of the year hopefully....then let the modding begin :D

Stu

P.S. - 150Bhp from a 4 cylinder 2.0 engine IS respectable, the power to weight ratio is excellent!

Soldato
R220 said:
40+bhp increase from basic mods on a 4 pot n/a engine is never going to happen... you would be lucky to see a 10bhp gain imo. Unless this is some seriously under tuned engine from factory. Even then you would have to be abit more adventureous than just exhaust work.

Obviously know nothing about modern 4 pots then.

COuld show you dozens of fiesta st's all pushing 170bhp+ from manifold, sports cat and exhaust.

Theres quite a few pushing the 190bhp+ now as well with pretty run of the mill mods

5289a77f.jpg

milltek 4-2-1
milltek system
custom induction
custom remap

:)

Last edited:
Associate
Why does everyone insist on putting these damn stripes on fiestas!! I think it looks tacky.

I'm sure they are lovely cars and all, but they look like they are trying too hard. My girlfriend loves eating st's for breakfast in her mcs!

Caporegime
hmm i do think that 190+ is going to be difficult to achieve with just CAI, Exhaust Mani, and free flow system...

all those mods do is relieve any restrictions in the system, and allow the engine to breathe easier freeing up BHP which were being strangled...

to see a genuine 180-190bhp i would have thought that chip+hotcams would be necessary on a reliable dyno to be bale to hit that kind of number...

my 4 pot produces 148bhp (stock) with CAi + 2-3bhp, Exhaust manifold + 10-12bhp, timing adv + 2-3 BHP, freeflow exh. + 2-3 bhp...but thats an SR20.

maybe this ford lump is uber restricted, but i cant really see that being the case, whichs points to an overreading dyno.

Soldato
The_One said:

COuld show you dozens of fiesta st's all pushing 170bhp+ from manifold, sports cat and exhaust.

Theres quite a few pushing the 190bhp+ now as well with pretty run of the mill mods

milltek 4-2-1
milltek system
custom induction
custom remap

:)

Please, do us a favour. Stop posting that utter garbage from "ChippedUK". They are liars, end of. Like I say, they magically made a gti6 from my members club over 200bhp on their rollers, OMG &*(£$HJHSF etc.

When it got taken on another companies rollers, Oh dear oh dear, just over 170bhp. Please, 190bhp is NOT possible with bolt on mods. Cams yes, but thats another story :)

Caporegime
Westyfield2 said:
Westfield (through Dunnel) get this out of a 2lt Ford Duratec:
Engine: Ford Duratec 14
Capacity: 1999cc
Max Power: 250bhp @ 7500rpm
Max Torque: 255nm @5800rpm

very nice, but what is the relevance to CAI/header/Exhaust dyno numbers which are being punted about on here?...i reckon it will have had a lot of work done to it to run those kind of numbers reliably...

Associate
The_One said:

sorry mate theres no way in hell i beleive you will see a 40bhp gain from exhaust, air filter mods on an n/a. If you wave power plots at me i can only assume the rolling road is estimating too high.

As ChippedUK have a *** poor reputation for giving a decent results that kind of answers the question as to why you would think that though. Wheres the power at the wheels on their plots anyway thats kind of a bit more important than at the fly.

As for the 250bhp one im sure theres many more mods than a free flowing exhaust and air filter ;) Probly thousands spent on it.

Last edited:
Soldato
R220 said:
sorry mate theres no way in hell i beleive you will see a 40bhp gain from exhaust, air filter mods on an n/a. If you wave power plots at me i can only assume the rolling road is estimating too high.

As ChippedUK have a *** poor reputation for giving a decent results that kind of answers the question as to why you would think that though. Wheres the power at the wheels on their plots anyway thats kind of a bit more important than at the fly.

As for the 250bhp one im sure theres many more mods than a free flowing exhaust and air filter ;) Probly thousands spent on it.

Nods :yes

Anything is possible with money, hell a 10 year old GTI-6 2000cc engine has just made 363 BHP with a 3K supercharger. Just costs £££ :)

Soldato
Kroegen said:
It is. Our Vauxhall :o Zaffy 2.2 pumps out 144ps. 150ps from a 2.0l unit is very good

I dont think so, its under powered to keep it insurable to the drivers the Fez ST is aimed at. The old Focus ST was 170BHP from a Zetec. 190 is not possible from exhaust, filter chipping etc. Only way to push anywhere near this would be Turbo/Charger route or maybe swapping a Use ST170 engine into the bay. Maybe with a gas flowed head, but this would make it rudundant on the road because they need to be seriously ragged because the torque more or less disappears under 5k.

Associate
it is possible to get biggish power from these engines, my cousin is looking at throttle bodies on his to get approx 180bhp ish

but exhaust/header/remap/filter etc would see you about 10hp max.

any independant dyno graphs? or all from the same chip company..

remember its easy to release power into a turbo, infact 40bhp increase is easy with those exact modifications but N/A to get the same power increase it costs a hell of a lot of money..

Soldato
theDude said:
it is possible to get biggish power from these engines, my cousin is looking at throttle bodies on his to get approx 180bhp ish

but exhaust/header/remap/filter etc would see you about 10hp max.

any independant dyno graphs? or all from the same chip company..

remember its easy to release power into a turbo, infact 40bhp increase is easy with those exact modifications but N/A to get the same power increase it costs a hell of a lot of money..

Bang one :) Still better to get a GTI and put some boddies on though ;)

Back
Top Bottom