My Fiesta ST

Soldato
killz4thrills said:
I would be most interested to know what you drive then, seeing as your opinoins are so clearly presented as to cause offence.

It's totally irrelevant what I drive. But for the hell of it - it's not a Fiesta.

Associate
killz4thrills said:
Ahh so your criticising my car choice without being man enough to come forward and tell me what you drive?

classic.

Mate stop now seriously.

You had a go at a car in a very imature manner to begin with... what do you expect people are going to say back to you ?

Soldato
killz4thrills said:
Ahh so your criticising my car choice without being man enough to come forward and tell me what you drive?

classic.

Classic would be the expression on your face if I told you.

Anyway - what does it feel like having people troll YOUR posts for a change?

Are we annoying you yet? :)

Permabanned
I didnt troll anything.

I merely pointed out the fact that a fiesta ST is not reknowned for screaming performance, and that purchasing one and going on to modify it would suggest that the purchaser has reached the conclusion that the standard performance just isnt satisfactory, therefore bringing into question the decision to purchase in the first place.

Gonna duck out of this one, lets get the thread back on topic....

Associate
Well thats a bit more of a contructive sentance :) maybe you should have written that instead of 'its still just a feista'... as thats the sort of comment that gets on peoples rag.

Caporegime
killz4thrills said:
Assuming its clapped out and old is rather stupid.

It happens to be one of the best if not the best example still around.

wow! i never even mentioned your car, but if u own the best example, then by process of elimination there must be very few good ones out there, and therefore instead of buying a "generic" clapped out rover (not yours of course), it may make sense to get a much newer car in good condition from the factory?
or am i missing something?

Associate
Oo bloody ell, opened a small can of worms with that graph :p.

I can believe the people who say that it can't gain that sort of power with purely breathing mods, but then I can also believe stuff I've seen on graphs from RRs. I'm planning on doing some stuff eventually when I stop being poor and with the cosworth kits more or less cancelled I can conecntrate on sourcing parts already available. However at the moment I don't feel the need for any more power, I like the way it is running right now, but if I want to at least there is the option.

If people don't like the Fiesta, fair enough, there are loads of other choices for you, but for me I love it :).

Soldato
spaz said:
Oo bloody ell, opened a small can of worms with that graph :p.

I can believe the people who say that it can't gain that sort of power with purely breathing mods, but then I can also believe stuff I've seen on graphs from RRs. I'm planning on doing some stuff eventually when I stop being poor and with the cosworth kits more or less cancelled I can conecntrate on sourcing parts already available. However at the moment I don't feel the need for any more power, I like the way it is running right now, but if I want to at least there is the option.

If people don't like the Fiesta, fair enough, there are loads of other choices for you, but for me I love it :).
I like the ST never driven one but I had a 1.3 on holiday as a hire car and that was fun, so that means the ST must be great!!!!

Man of Honour
Bradmax57 said:
I like the ST never driven one but I had a 1.3 on holiday as a hire car and that was fun, so that means the ST must be great!!!!

No, it just means you've no concept of good cars if you think a 1.3 Fiesta was anything more than terrible, seriously that engine is so gash most people here would rather walk. It's woefully underpowered, noisy, unrefined and just generally awful.

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
No, it just means you've no concept of good cars if you think a 1.3 Fiesta was anything more than terrible, seriously that engine is so gash most people here would rather walk. It's woefully underpowered, noisy, unrefined and just generally awful.
Lol, this is true, especially if it's the same 1.3 as in the Mk5 fiesta as well :D

With Spaz on this one, love my ST, may even change it for the slightly facelifted version soon. Will go with the side stripes this time.

Soldato
The fiesta ST responds very well to breathing mods, it is very restricted out the factory obviously because ford wanted it to get a low insurance group.

Heres a recent result fro ma rolling road testing a new enclosed induction kit on the fiesta st

Just got back from the dyno day chaps and here are my results...will scan the graphs later for you......

standard airbox, K+N panel filter, Miltek flexi = 160.2bhp

Simota Racing filter, bmc induction, miltek flexi = 168.5bhp

That was powerstations rollers and was done on the 15th july, just after gibbo's saleen had been on the rollers

Soldato
The_One said:
The fiesta ST responds very well to breathing mods, it is very restricted out the factory obviously because ford wanted it to get a low insurance group.

Heres a recent result fro ma rolling road testing a new enclosed induction kit on the fiesta st

That was powerstations rollers and was done on the 15th july, just after gibbo's saleen had been on the rollers
Not a bad increase, I have read on the fordfiestast forums that breathing mods gain the most.

Soldato
R220 said:
170 is a bit more down to earth i guess. Still think a 20bhp increase is a bit optimistic for stage 1 mods on an n/a. I mean isnt the ST supposed to be a sporty model ? why would ford de-tune the engine so much.

Hmm let me think of Fords other ST 2.0 litre lump.

Oh yeah the ST170 in the Focus made before the ST150. So they did detune it, probably for product range reasons and then no doubt the normal emissions rubbish.

Dont even know if its a similar engine etc but seems inverse Nova maths is getting pretty prominent on forums. :D

Back
Top Bottom