My First Car (Pics)

Man of Honour
triggerthat said:
Curious to know if any "you could have got something else better for the same money" trolls will come alone soon.

If think you can just a significantly better in every way car for a new, first time driver then go ahead - but I doubt you will be able to.

The Focus 1.6 is an ideal car - it's not powerful enough to get him into any serious trouble as a new driver, but it isnt underpowered, it also has a decent enough specification as well.

Sure, better value cars full stop exist, but these tend to have larger engines which are not really suitable for new drivers.

Oh, and try finding out what a 'troll' is before you make any more stupid comments :)

Associate
Matt82 said:
does pass plus give you an instanct garanteed 20% off?

More depends who your insurer is, I got bugger all for mine with tesco. Only gave me £125 back which just about covered what it cost me to do it. So debateably worth it for me.

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
If think you can just a significantly better in every way car for a new, first time driver then go ahead - but I doubt you will be able to.

The Focus 1.6 is an ideal car - it's not powerful enough to get him into any serious trouble as a new driver, but it isnt underpowered, it also has a decent enough specification as well.

Sure, better value cars full stop exist, but these tend to have larger engines which are not really suitable for new drivers.

Oh, and try finding out what a 'troll' is before you make any more stupid comments :)

plus its a new/modern safe car, even if it does go wrong youre likely to be ok. definately a consideration

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:

You've always got an answer for everything. :p

The reason for my comment was because the car is something I'd go for and a reasonable and ideal choice.

Soldato
OP
thepharcyde said:
very nice mate, climate comes with heated front screen too?
Yeah I think it comes with a heated front screen too :)

Thanks for all the kind comments, i'm chuffed to bits with it.

Adz

Adz

Soldato
A friend of mine had a relatively high speed impact in a Focus and walked away - the car was absolutely totalled. I don't know what the NCAP rating is but I'd be inclined to believe it's a very safe car.

Looks good and handles well too. Congrats :).

Soldato
OP
Andr3w said:
What insurance company is that with mate?
Directline, but i'm getting quite a bit of discount due to being a named driver on my mums car for the past six months, my mum having a directline policy and we have house insurance with them etc.

My best quote was from CIS - £6600 :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Adz said:
A friend of mine had a relatively high speed impact in a Focus and walked away - the car was absolutely totalled. I don't know what the NCAP rating is but I'd be inclined to believe it's a very safe car.

Looks good and handles well too. Congrats :).

Its NCAP 4.

Very close insurance cost to me! Any pics of the engine bay?

Soldato
lucasade1 said:
Directline, but i'm getting quite a bit of discount due to being a named driver on my mums car for the past six months and have house insurance with them etc.

My best quote was from CIS - £6600 :D

Quinn Direct, try them.............my cars faster than yours, nur nur nur nur :D

Nice first car, I couldn't afford one but it was down as a firm 2nd choice ;)

Associate
Nice first car. Quite sensible and economic being only a 1.6, but I do think Focus'/Focii/Focuseses look quite sporty in black, so it's not exactly boring. Good choice. :)

Soldato
OP
saitrix said:
Any pics of the engine bay?
IMG_0004edited.jpg

Probably not the cleanest of engine bay's...

Soldato
absolutely fantastic first car. Had plenty of 1.6 focus hire cars, and in honesty, they are just so brilliant for the fact you can drive right on the limit, and still be safe, so dam chuckable !

Soldato
Interesting....

You see the airbox on the right hand side of the engine bay, there is no resonator coming off it to the right. I thought they were on all prefacelifts. There could be an open hole on the side of the airbox, espeically if it sounds quite loud.

Soldato
OP
saitrix said:
Interesting....

You see the airbox on the right hand side of the engine bay, there is no resonator coming off it to the right. I thought they were on all prefacelifts. There could be an open hole on the side of the airbox, espeically if it sounds quite loud.
It doesn't sound loud to me. I'll take a look tomorrow...

Back
Top Bottom