My First Car (Pics)

Soldato
Does it really have traction control, I thought you only got that in the 2ltr model?

Very nice first car, prices have dropped a fair bit since I got mine so good value too. ;)

Soldato
lucasade1 said:
Not that I will be doing them anytime soon but what would you recommend?

Toyo T1-R's all the way. So much grip for such a low cost, got them at £45 per tyre. :D Still got the standard rear tyres on my Focus. Now the front and rear tyres break traction at the same time round corners.

Permabanned
Nice car, you've got a really good deal. Focus' are well specced if bought with the climate and reflex packs, but pretty shocking without. I found the majority dont have either, and its nearly impossible to find both in a low mileage 3 door car for a good price, although prices for pre-facelifted cars seem to be falling since they are starting to look dated.

Regards to the alloys, people seem to pay way to much for Ford accessories, and the ST170 alloys (which look great) cost around £400 on ebay!
But its worth de-orangeing the indicator lights which makes it look slightly more modern.

Last edited:
Soldato
50/50 said:
Nice car, you've got a really good deal. Focus' are well specced if bought with the climate and reflex packs, but pretty shocking without. I found the majority dont have either, and you have to be lucky to find both with low mileage for a good price.

Don't really need the reflex pack, though yes needs the climate pack.

Soldato
:confused:

Both my Rover 214's were 16v and you could actually see the engine in the engine bay. The 220... you can't bloody miss the thing :o

Oh, I forgot that Ford bought a bulk order of Hamsters when they were introducing the Focii :p :D

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
My Leon's 1.9tdi looks absolutely tiny, almost lost in the engine bay. No idea why the rover engines look so big :p

Soldato
Yeh was jus thinking that, maybe it's so it's easy to take the engine to bits when the HG goes :p

*agw this was merely a joke and in actual fact I'm quite tempted to get a cheap rover for lowcost motoring next year ;)

OP: Great choice of first car, if I had more cash I'd be looking out for one myself, although with two years driving under my belt (upto 12 points now whoot! :p) I'd be looking at the 1.8 or 2litre.

Back
Top Bottom