My first car - with pics

Soldato
I'm starting to appreciate older cars more these days, to the point where I would like one myself to run alongside my everyday car. I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun with it!

Soldato
I saw a Trans-Am done up properly like Kit a few months ago and almost crashed while admiring it - they even had the red sweeping lights at the front.. :o Thought that would be cool.

A DeLorean a la Back to the Future would be cool too, but they really seem like a pile of crap.

Soldato
I'd love that :). Nice buy, I want an oldtimer myself for the cheap insurance and tax free bit, problem is the cars I want are worth 4k+ ( 70's LPG'd yank tanks)...

And yeah, looks neat for its age.

Permabanned
OP
Wow! this forum moves quick, didn't expect so many replies in such a short space of time. I can't reply to everyone, I don't know how to multi quote for a start, but thanks for all your comments :)

ScarySquirel - that is a Ford Anglia, this is a Triumph Herald. They were both launched in the same year though, 1959.

Confused - well with a top speed of only 85mph at a push, maybe 90 with a tail wind down a hill, it's not too much of a problem. Having said that the Heralds do have a notorious rear suspension setup which can effect handling, I've been fine so far though!

Witor+Spunj99 - that is insulation, 1966 style! But the bit of trim that covers it is missing.

UKDTweak - that is the original carpet believe it or not, but it is tatty anyway, so will be getting replaced with black sooner or later.

Soldato
Hehe well that's different, not at all what I was expecting to see when I read the thread title. It's not a car I would go for but I can appreciate what you are doing. It must be one of the cheapest ways to motor at a young age too. Looks absolutely amazing for it's age, cars like that need some serious TLC to not rot away to nothing.

I'm starting to appreciate older cars more these days, to the point where I would like one myself to run alongside my everyday car. I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun with it!

Yes me too, although my interest is specifically with old American stuff, mostly muscle cars but I have a soft spot for old Caddys and such too.

I am considering an '80s series 3 Camaro or a '70s series 2 Trans-Am as a way of getting on the classic American ladder. I need to get my everyday car sorted properly first though and recover a bit after all the spending I've had to do lately.

Last edited:
Don
To multi quote, click the multi + button on the people you want to quote, then click the quote button on the final person, they'll all appear in one reply for you then :)

Permabanned
OP
Hehe, thanks all :)

The car is in as good condition as it looks pretty much. The only real downside of it is it does like to drink, i'll be doing very well to get 30mpg out of it. But that's more than offset by the saving on insurance, and road tax.

Back
Top Bottom