My first car - with pics

Associate
Timewarp.

Whats happening under the dash btw? Curious.

Its a bag-o-weed, nobody would ever suspect a thing :D

Superb original choice for a first car, looks very tidy. Should also be an easy way of getting into car maintainance if anything goes wrong it cant be that hard to fix or diagnose. Enjoy!

Permabanned
OP

My girl friend wants a Figaro I'm trying to dissuade her! But there cute apparently, and you can't really argue with that.

The only really disadvantage of the car so far is long motorway journeys, due to only having 4 gears, it's pretty damn noisy at 70mph+ lol. But I expected that so I don't really mind, but my passengers sometimes do, and it means you have to shout more or less to talk.

Man of Honour
Nice Herald, pretty much the ideal first classic.
Steel flip front means you can literally sit in the engine bay with a cuppa when you need to work on it, the vast majority of parts are readily available, reasonably rot-resistant too considering it's built in what, 1966 being a D-plate?
I've always preferred classics too, my dad owning a Mk1 Cortina when I was a kid had a lot to do with it.

People often bang on about the lack of equipment but it isn't something that's ever really concerned me, and reliability is never as much of a problem as people who drive new cars would like everyone to think it is

Enjoy it :)

Soldato

My girl friend wants a Figaro I'm trying to dissuade her! But there cute apparently, and you can't really argue with that.

The only really disadvantage of the car so far is long motorway journeys, due to only having 4 gears, it's pretty damn noisy at 70mph+ lol. But I expected that so I don't really mind, but my passengers sometimes do, and it means you have to shout more or less to talk.

If you think of it as a K10 in a frock, it's very expensive, but if you say reliable 1991 open top car with leather seats and air-con. It's only slightly expensive.

Also, for such a rare car you don't half see a lot of them about.

Permabanned
OP
Indeed, it is a 1966.

Yep you can sit in the engine bay, on either of the front wheels if you wish, here's a pic to illustrate...

DSCF7335.jpg

and the car has been 100% reliable so far, and I haven't missed or wanted any extra equipment, the heater is sufficient, I prefer having the windows open to air con myself anyway, and I've fitted a CD player with an auxiliary input so it's all good :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom