My first car - with pics

Permabanned
OP
don't really like minilites there too over done in the classic world, there on every other spitfire,MGB, etc., and I like wheels with dish. Alloys kind of seem a bit phony anyway when it has a 1.2 litre engine.

I was thinking of lowering her, but its fairly low standard and I can't be doing with not being able to park up kerbs etc.

Permabanned
OP
how it could look if I lowered it...

DSCF7370e-1.jpg

Permabanned
OP
ha, looks surprisingly good on BBS rims, don't think you can get them in the right PCD anyway.

I probably won't lower it [TW] because of the impracticalities.

If I did lower it though it'd be in the pursuit of a more subtle, lower rider ish, kind of "vip" ish look lol.

similar to this kind of look, just lowered and with white walls or something.

promo-image-3.jpg

I think it could work because the herald has american styling cues, the fins, the chrome headlighht surrounds etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's properly awesome, the sort of thing that brings a smile to people's faces. The car that is, not TBL being suspended.

I wish more people could have as much originality and independent thought when buying their first car, rather than insisting on a phat saxo y0 :)

Agree on the comments about lowering it - modifying something like that is really daft

Permabanned
OP

but there is quite a few modded heralds vitesses about, mostly lowered on revos or minilites. Don't worry anyway I won't be doing anything anytime soon due to lack of time and money. When the tires need replacing though I might put it on white walls, and paint the wheels the same colour blue as the darker blue that is on the body, and keep the chrome hub cap.

Soldato
This looked better in my head:

EcdKh.jpg.png

I don't think it should be lowered though.

It could do with a better fuel filler cap (if that is what I'm seeing). Also you're well into the black numberplate registration dates...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom