My first gaming PC

Associate
Hi guys i am a complete newby to gaming on the PC, can you guys help with getting my first rig. i want to spend around £1000 and play games like total war and BF1 with decent fps and graphics.

Cheers

Soldato
Will you need a monitor - and if so are you happy with 24"?

And what do you hope to mainly be playing?

EDIT: And welcome to the forums.

Last edited:
Soldato
Something like this maybe? Just an idea.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £977.85
(includes shipping: £14.10)

There is a 480 8gb for under £200 but no stock and while you could get an i5K you would be over 1k, I got that before adding ram lol, but I did choose a more expensive power power supply, 24" screen, so adjusted it so you get everything as such within budget.

The cooler is personal preference, I chose that as for me low profile are nicer to work round even in big cases when it comes to cables, but I don't know if the boxed processors still include coolers. Don't know if you need a keyboard & mouse, but included the cheapest combo anyways, again personal preference same with the hard drives, I chose 2 types for the price or few quid under the cost of a 500gb ssd, again I changed from that to comprise for cost.

There are probably bundles that cover half the cost that might offer more, but 1k is a good but also tight budget for some systems.

Back
Top Bottom