1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first HDRs

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by robertgilbert86, 4 May 2006.

1. robertgilbert86

Wise Guy

Hi after seeing a few links to HDR stuff from digg and investigating on these forums, I've given HDR 'photography' a go.
    flic
    I don't have a tripod and I've only got a fairly simple camera (Casio EX-Z500) so I adjusted the exposures in photoshop and got these results from 'Photomatix'

Stock:
    [​IMG]

HDR: It's such a shame the HDR process has made the 3 flares really prominant, if anyone has any ideas how to get rid of them in photoshop from the stock photo it would be a great help!
    [​IMG]

UPDATE! I messed about in photoshop and managed to get rid of the flares, bit shabby but looks better...
    [​IMG]

Stock:
    [​IMG]

HDR: I think this one is a bit more successful but the sky is a bit poor.
    [​IMG]

Any feedback/advice would be great, thanks!

Last edited: 4 May 2006
  2. RandomTom

Sgarrista

The 2nd one is definitely an improvement, good processing, all you need now is some sublty menacing clouds and it's a winner :) :cool:

3. cyKey

Sgarrista

Hey thats pretty good from jpg's.

4. robertgilbert86

Wise Guy

My camera does't do RAW!

thanks though

5. themask70

Wise Guy

I think that the camera glare actualy looks so wierd it looks great. Nice one :)

6. Johnny|lucidcomposure

Sgarrista

Im only struck on the last one. I must admit I do quite like that! Very good :)

7. Mr Spew

Hitman

Not too shabby at all, the noise in the backgrounds in the first picture could do with touching up somehow.

8. ZG002

Capodecina

noob question i know... but is this HDR something i could do in photoshop? as i have a few pics i took that would look good with it lol

oh and i love that 2nd pic :D it looks cool

9. elite

Wise Guy

whats HDR please

10. olv

Soldato

Use the search, it's be covered A LOT recently :)

it stands for high dynamic range, and is a technique of combing three of the same image at three different exposures (one underexposed, one normal and one overexposed) and then combined together in a piece of software called photomatrix

11. robertgilbert86

Wise Guy

Hi, google 'photomatix' and download that. There's a guide somewhere in these forums which is helpful.
    HDR combines 3 (or more) images, each with different exposure to create a cool lighting effect.

Yeah, the noise is pretty bad on the sunset foreground but look at the stock, it's so dark, I'm surprised it came out at all!

Here's another one I've done which the people seemed to like most on Deviant Art
    [​IMG]