My First RC Video

SamuraiTortoise

S

SamuraiTortoise

Awesome video...great control!

Both myself and my mate have Savages, just love jumping them. That's a nice little place you have there - perfect.

How does the Lightening stand up to jumping like that - do you go home in one piece?

Here's some big air from the sav: (my mates, mine was in pieces so I had the camera!)

highjump001.jpg

Associate
OP
I had a savage 4.6SS but it got to the stage where it was worn out and the drivetrain was breaking all the time, its final day was on those jumps actually when I bent and later snapped the rc solutions roll cage!
The truggy goes around the track faster than a buggy and jumps better than a truck, I love it.

As for strength EVERYTHING on it is ally or carbon fibre apart from the diff cases, rear rear hinge pin holder and the servo saver so its those week points that break, mainly front diff cases.

BigAir.jpg

SamuraiTortoise

S

SamuraiTortoise

Quality, I've been thinking of getting a Lightening for my next truck and after seeing that vid and after what you've just said I think I might well get one.

Happy bashing! :)

SamuraiTortoise

S

SamuraiTortoise

jamrowls said:
Go for the Pro-R, its has a number of important upgrades over the pro and comes without the rubbish radio gear and poor engine.

Cheers, will go and have a look. Will that still need hopping up or can that be left alone for a while. I tend to get a bit over-indulgent with the trucks and have to get hop ups galore :)

Maz said:
Guess the buggy.

/Slightly modified :D

http://www.mazcell.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/VIDEO_00004.mp4

Edit : Savage X Videos coming soon

No idea what the buggy is...Hyper 7 with added balls? Whatever it is, it bloomin flies! Any idea what top end you get on that?

How you finding the SavX?

Mic said:
Wheres the best place to get shells?

Many good online shops around;

www.jespares.com
www.modelsport.co.uk
www.apexmodels.com
www.microtechracing.com
www.modelsinmotion.co.uk

To name a few.

Also, a good forums for info... www.gotnitro.co.uk www.maxbashing.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
Its got so much on it as standard its unreal. I have built on what you get as standard and gone all out. I have added:
Carbon fibre front brace
Carbon fibre middle brace
Carbon fibre rear brace
145cc fuel tank
Ally c hubs
17mm hex's
Crimfighters
Rear CVD's
There are now no hopups possible, it has everything!
The rest of the setup is:
A pair of Sanwa ERG-VX servos, 13kg 0.10.
2400mah RX pack
Spektrum
Orion Wasp .26 with picco 069 tuned pipe.

That lot comes to £900 but its worth every penny! I love it :D

Maz

Maz

Soldato
In all honesty I've found the first week of Savage X ownership totally frustrating!

I've broken 2 x One way bearings, 1 x Rotostart and also melted a spur gear.

Luckily a good friend of mine owns a model shop, so I have uber parts + warranty support.

I've ran it twice and I've not managed to run it in yet and then it broke.

I've ordered a new one way bearing for it and also ordered an uprated metal spur gear.

Should be up and running tomorrow, I'll finish running it in and get it tuned before I jump it I think/

Associate
OP
My savage was really bad to start with loads of things breaking, they got upgraded and it was sweet for about 6 months but then it was simply worn out and the play in everything meant bits started breaking again so I called it a day. I do miss the speed of the .28 and 3 speed box with 47 / 20 gearing :cool:

Maz

Maz

Soldato
I was just going to buy an FG Monster Beetle, always fancied one of those.

I have an FG Touring car which is awaiting bits at the minute after I had a major accident :(

I've always preferred the ease and lack of mess with the 1/5th petrols.

SamuraiTortoise

S

SamuraiTortoise

Maz said:
In all honesty I've found the first week of Savage X ownership totally frustrating!

I've broken 2 x One way bearings, 1 x Rotostart and also melted a spur gear.

Luckily a good friend of mine owns a model shop, so I have uber parts + warranty support.

I've ran it twice and I've not managed to run it in yet and then it broke.

I've ordered a new one way bearing for it and also ordered an uprated metal spur gear.

Should be up and running tomorrow, I'll finish running it in and get it tuned before I jump it I think/

We've all been there with the Savages, spurs go regularly but can be for a mulitude of reasons. Normally and the most common reason is because the mesh is poor. Other reason can be clutch related or just that the engine bolts weren't done up tight enough and your engine has moved slightly. I personally wouldn't go for a metal spur gear as if your mesh is wrong it'll take out a lot more than £4 worth of spur and do soeme gearbox damage and drivetrain damage.

One way bearings often go on new engines because they're so tight. I did one, my second one is still going strong now the engine is worn in.

Don't forget it's not run in properly until it's done quite a few tanks, it'll just keep getting faster and faster. Just keep your eye on your tuning and temps and don't let it run too lean or too hot.

Soldato
R220 said:
Ace!

I actually bought my first nitro car on Saturday. Got a HPI Rush Evo. Havnt had it running yet but hopefully will sometime this week. Im sure ill crash it many times :)

I like the Rush EVO, very nearly bought one myself. Let me know what It's like.

Associate
wow!

thats clever stuff. i didnt realise tha revving it woudl make it tip up and down.

someone must have more info on the dynamics of how this works.
is the car balanced? weighted?

Associate
Its just Newtons Third Law of angular motion. Every action has equal and opposite reaction and all that. As you accelerate, turning the wheels clockwise, conservation of angular momentum dictates that there is an equal and opposite reaction at the body of the car, turning it anti clockwise.

Also its probably slightly nose heavy so that when the wheels stop spinning (brakes on) it will tip forwards, allowing the dude with the transmitter to make it rock back and forth in mid air.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom