1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first sports day as a 'dad'

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ironman, 12 Jul 2006.

1. ironman

Sgarrista

Well not quite, but my nephews old man was working so I played dad for the day and watched my nephew partake in his first sports day today:D The little blighter is only 4 but it was hillarious to watch. The dad's race comes up and they know i'm his uncle but they made me take part, we were all up for it for a good old fashioned sprint, a test of how manly you are.......... but then they handed out the skipping ropes :o

No real purpose to this thread but just wanted to share a new experience:p

2. cheets64

PermaBanned

I thought it was now called, "taking part day" and the kids dont win anything to stop them from crying and growing up into failures.

3. Grrrrr

Soldato

I can't wait to be a football dad. Whoever ends up having my babies better give birth to a boy!

4. Violent-J

PermaBanned

Haha sounds good, nice 1 mate.

5. Grrrrr

Soldato

Please tell me you're joking...

6. daz

Capodecina

Only if you believe everything you read in the Daily Mail.

7. Violent-J

PermaBanned

Nope, some PC idiot schools do that now. It's nothing but friendly competition, noone takes it personally if they lose. Their idiotic mindset tell them that anyone who doesn't win is going to have recurring nightmares and deep psychological trauma for the rest of their life. :rolleyes:

Most schools still have sports day though :D

Sports day was a DOS for me, up until year 9 I took it seriously and done the javelin, shotput etc. and always won cause im so hench but over the last 2 years I just sat on the field talkin and havin play fights and stuff like that, proper laugh.

8. Mat

Capodecina

You big blouse! ;) :p

9. ironman

Sgarrista

Boys are fun, my sister is expect identical twins in a few weeks, can't wait to find out whether they are boys or girls!

10. loopylou

Wise Guy

In my last year of primary school they decided to try a non competitive sports day, went down like a lead balloon, all the year 5 and 6's took part half heartly and the parents got bored and stopped watching. I was really annoyed as I was sports captain and I wanted my house to win for the 8th time in 9 years.

11. Robdav

Wise Guy

We're going to miss my first sports day as a dad because we're off on holiday next week.

Shame as Shaun, my 5 year old, took part in a sports series with other local schools and came first beating everyone! :D <= proud daddy alert!

12. da_mic_1530

Sgarrista

13. nealw

Hitman

I went to my younger brother and sisters at school the other day.

It's PC gone mad.

First of all, no individual races, its all team based.

No losers, everyone gets a 'medal'.

No running, no proper throwing etc etc

No cameras allowed... jeez.

Who killed all the fun?

Sports day used to be competative, life is competative, no point in shielding them from reality.