My girlfriend damaged my alloys

Associate
Can't believe it, had my car 2 or 3 months not even a ding in the door let my girlfried take it out for a drive (as she is looking for a new car) to see if she could drive it (a focus 1.8 zetec) and when trying to parrallel park. All of a sudden I was over whealmed by the feeling I had, she had just rimmed me! The wheels were like new and now they spoil the whole look of the car. Just thank god they are not expensive after market ones.
Do halfords do rim jobs? or am I better off taking them to a local body repair centre see if they can sort my rim out?

thanks!

Permabanned
Marshmule said:
Ill show you when I see you mate, you sorted your rim out when it was scratched didn't you?
must have hurt you yours was real nice!

Whats so funny about my title?
I rimmed my own rim. Cost about 40 notes for paint and filler and stuff

Soldato
I live in mortal terror of the gf ever learning to drive. If she ever does I'm gonna have to make some crap up about the company insurance not covering her :(

I'm also terrified of tyre fitters since some grease monkey at KF took a chunk out of one of my wheels. If anyone so much as scratches one of my new 18" RS6s there'll be blood spilled.

Suspended
The woman is insured on the Lotus but there's no way in hell I'll let her drive it.

Well, I let her drive it round a field at Goodwood, got distracted waving her out of the parking space as I watched a yellow Enzo drive past, and she almost hit a 430.

Soldato
Vertigo1 said:
I live in mortal terror of the gf ever learning to drive. If she ever does I'm gonna have to make some crap up about the company insurance not covering her :(

I'm also terrified of tyre fitters since some grease monkey at KF took a chunk out of one of my wheels. If anyone so much as scratches one of my new 18" RS6s there'll be blood spilled.

after the 'front skirt incident' at the first RR day, I think your the biggest worry :p

Caporegime
Vertigo1 said:

You and me both, i stand over and watch them, last time i told the guy that wheel in your hand is worth £300 - 350 so please treat it with care, after the back story about them etc he was only pleased to work with such nice mega light wheels :)

Soldato
Nozzer said:
The woman is insured on the Lotus but there's no way in hell I'll let her drive it.

My mum is insured on my Elise as it saves me £100 so she gets to drive it once a year. The first time she drove it was the day after I bought Lizzy and she did a 3 point turn in a tight residential area. The last return saw her about 1" from the curb, an absolutely perfect turn. To this day she won't tell me if it was intentional or not but at the time I was :eek:

The 2nd time she went out in Lizzy she went out with my aunt and they looked like Thelma and Louise :D

Suspended
I trust my mother to drive it more than I do my girlfriend.

My mother grew up driving some fairly rapid cars and regularly drives her friend's classics.

My girlfriend grew up crashing in to stuff.

Soldato
My ex was always harrasing me to get insured so she could have a drive, I'd decided that I would and a few days before I was going to tell her we broke up. That saved me a few £££!

My current "friend" once made the mistake of comparing a spirited cross country drive to The Fast and the Furious. I assume that I've stopped shouting at her now as she's not here and I'm not shouting but I was very upset at the time :mad:

Bri

Bri

Soldato
Bah, who change the thread title :mad:

I'll rue the day the wife passes her test, I've already told her she's not driving my car, she doesn't think I'm serious though. It could be quite handy for trips out to country pubs at the moment though, seeing as she's preggers & can't drink anyway!

Permabanned
Bri said:
Bah, who change the thread title :mad:

I'll rue the day the wife passes her test, I've already told her she's not driving my car, she doesn't think I'm serious though. It could be quite handy for trips out to country pubs at the moment though, seeing as she's preggers & can't drink anyway!
I rue'd the day once. Didnt get much else done

Last edited:
Soldato
My alloys came pre curbed from ebay :p The two better ones have tyres with rim protectors so that will help... well I'm assuming they will... I mean its not like I stuffed it into a curb whilst parking last week :o

My main concern is her going from a car with shocking brakes + ABS to mine with average brakes and no ABS :o

She managed to rear end someone at a roundabout but it was his fault because "he should have gone" :eek:

...she goes on the insurance in December :(

Back
Top Bottom