My girlfriend didnt get American Psycho - someone explain?

Soldato
BrightonBelle said:
Read the book (incredibly graphic and disturbing) and watched the film (inevitably not as 'good' as the film, but good for celeb spotting nonetheless).

I can only remember pieces of the film, but as others have said only some of it happened... although when you read the book it all seems as though it happened (and a lot more happens in the book).

I like Christian Bale though.. something about him..

BB x

Not as good as the book you mean, you stinker :cool:

Stop mincing about and get back to work.

Watched this years ago - was generally disappointed with it but i think i was 15-16 at the time and regarded a waste of time. Dropping the chainsaw down the stairs was class though :p

Soldato
One of my favourite films, the humorous touches are what make it for me.

Quotes like: "There are things you don't know about me, I have to indulge in homicidal behaviour on a massive scale," while eating dinner with his fiancé.

Soldato
".....cannot be corrected...."
One of the best bits - in a loud club:-

Woman: "What do you do?"
PB: "I'm in murders and executions"
Woman: "Oh really? Do you like it?"
PB: "Uh, what?"
Woman: "Mergers and acquisitions - most guys I know in it don't enjoy it"

:D

Last edited:
Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Gaijin said:
Not as good as the book you mean, you stinker :cool:

Stop mincing about and get back to work.

Watched this years ago - was generally disappointed with it but i think i was 15-16 at the time and regarded a waste of time. Dropping the chainsaw down the stairs was class though :p

:p Bro I am gonna kick ya ass this weekend!

People knew what I meant... maybe you should read my book (I left it at home)... knowing you, you probably have already :rolleyes:

Forgot there was a second film, was Christian Bale in that too? Can't believe they wanted to cast Tom Cruise in the role - didn't see it working with him, though it would have probably raised the profile of the film.

BB x

Soldato
Sorry for epic bump, just watched this for the 2nd or 3rd time.. the only bit I need clearing up is why was the detective hired to investigate Paul Allen's dissapearance if he was in London? or are we supposed to believe Paul Allen was keeping the trip secret from his wife?

or was the detective imagined by Bateman too?:confused:

Soldato
Sorry for epic bump, just watched this for the 2nd or 3rd time.. the only bit I need clearing up is why was the detective hired to investigate Paul Allen's dissapearance if he was in London? or are we supposed to believe Paul Allen was keeping the trip secret from his wife?

or was the detective imagined by Bateman too?:confused:

I figured that Bateman imagined killing Allen and therefore he imagines the detective's visit too, a bit like how he seemingly imagines the police chase bit in the book.

Soldato
I have nothing to add, apart from it's a fantastic film. I bought the books ages ago but totally forgot about it. Just found it the other night as I was tidying up. Looking forward to reading it.
His other books are really good as well. I really enjoyed The Rules of Attraction, which I read over Christmas. Though the 3 pages of random French was ... random but I suppose it sums up the characters and the [one of] message of the book.

Back
Top Bottom