*My great adventure* - "I think it's a good idea...

Soldato
OP
We have managed to make it to the 10% mark! We are resting up in big bear lake which is 266 miles on. So far the trail has been great but very physically and mentally challenging! We have managed a 24 mile day, but we are often having to hike 14 hours a day to make up the distance due to the difficulty of terrain and elevation gain. No major injurious to talk about other then a few blisters and bee stings. Loving life out here though. Have met some great people and life is good!

Caporegime
We have managed to make it to the 10% mark! We are resting up in big bear lake which is 266 miles on. So far the trail has been great but very physically and mentally challenging! We have managed a 24 mile day, but we are often having to hike 14 hours a day to make up the distance due to the difficulty of terrain and elevation gain. No major injurious to talk about other then a few blisters and bee stings. Loving life out here though. Have met some great people and life is good!

/Like!

Soldato
Wowza, just had a skim through the thread and it's looks like an awesome plan. Best of luck to you dude and stay safe!

Also, from your Quayside apartment photo that is the Tyne Millennium bridge I can see right? That brings back memories and a half...

Soldato
OP
We have now passed the 1000 mile mark! We are currently resupplying in South lake Tahoe at mile 1094.So far the adventure has been amazing but physically and mentally harder then anything I have ever done before! This last section was the toughest on the whole so far. It was 8 days (so loads of food), it included a load of deep canyons and high mountain passes to cross, and worst of all it was mosquito hell!

We were now past the high Sierras and as we her into north California the mountains start to mellow out a bit, but the temperatures will also start to rise again. Sarah also nearly walked into a bear, when it was only 8ft off the trail! I'm still to even see a bear, so am super jealous!

Anyway, time to cram in even more calories as we have both lost loads of weight, despite eating anything we can get our hands on! Want to eat chocolate each day and still lose weight? Just walk 20 miles over mountains each day! :)

Soldato
I both love and hate this thread. Every time I see it, I immediately become dis-satisfied with my life. I am of the opinion that everyone should have at least one adventure like this at some point in their life and while I've been lucky to have travelled quite a lot, I've never had a feat of endurance.

Thank you for continuing to inspire. And good luck.

Man of Honour
I both love and hate this thread. Every time I see it, I immediately become dis-satisfied with my life. I am of the opinion that everyone should have at least one adventure like this at some point in their life and while I've been lucky to have travelled quite a lot, I've never had a feat of endurance.

Thank you for continuing to inspire. And good luck.

You always want to do something bigger though. I trekked about 200 miles across Mongolia and still feel like I haven't had an adventure.

Back
Top Bottom