*My great adventure* - "I think it's a good idea...

Man of Honour
The most amazing thread on here, would love to do similar things. Just a shame it takes so long, pretty much means giving up your job.

And great song to the video.

Associate
Fantastic - I did the exact trip but in a camper van last summer with my 2 best friends. We went from Canada to Mexico though. An Unforgettable experience. I can only begin to imagine what it would have entailed on foot, awe inspiring. Props.

Caporegime
The most amazing thread on here, would love to do similar things. Just a shame it takes so long, pretty much means giving up your job.

You don't have to do it in one go.Of course it wont be the same experience but most people do these hikes in stages. You could do it in 1 month sections, or even 2 weeks a years combined with a week or 2 relaxing on holiday elsewhere in the US. The difficulty here is it then becomes lifetime mission.

There are also shorter sections that make great 7-10 hikes. John Muir Trail is spectacular.

Soldato
OP

As D.P. said, there are plenty of shorter hikes that would put you in amazing places, or the longer ones can be section hiked. The John Muir Trail is one of the most famous and takes about 2 weeks, over the high Sierras. The PCT actually uses the JMT through the Sierras, so it would cover some of the trail I did. Closer to home there are a number of European 'E' routes, The Cape Wrath Trail, Pennine Way etc etc. As for section hiking, last year there was a guy who finished the PCT, who had been hiking it for over 20 years, one section at a time!

An inspiring journey. Can I ask, did you get some nooky or were you always "too tired"...;)

Happily married thanks, and the Mrs came with me. And no, we sometimes had energy left. :p

Man of Honour
Thanks,
Just seem to lose something when split up. Got a few of the 100m uk trails planned in the coming months.

Just had a look at the the cape wraith trial and that looks awesome.

Back
Top Bottom