My hair transplant journey

Soldato
I've been slowly receeding since my mid 20's and now I'm 46 I've decided to go for a hair transplant.
To try and slow the rate of recession, I've been using minoxidil for about 6 years and Nizoral for about the same, I don't know if they've been of any benefit as obviously I can't say how I would have been without them but I'm happy to continue using.

I have tried finastride once about 5 years ago for about 6 months and again about 2 years ago for 3 months, both times I got side effects. I lost my mojo and just didn't feel 100% when on it.
At the back end of last year I decided to look into getting a hair transplant and after loads of research booked to go with a company called Fuecapilar in Turkey.

I made contact with them, who have been very communicative and professional from day one, they requested photos and after a few emails back and forth I decided to go for it. The total cost was £2000 with a deposit of £500, refundable until 1 month before the operation. The only other thing to pay for is flights which cost me £240.

I arrive 23rd September (fingers crossed with everything that's been going on), the transplant will be done over 2 days then fly home 26th September.

I'll keep this thread updated with my progress, here's my itinerary:

aq9CzbA.jpg

zxQnSJy.jpg

nLfOBAD.jpg

NcGM22u.jpg

oNOwYor.jpg

Soldato
Please don’t be offended by this but I’ve never understood being so vain or self conscious as to consider paying out to have a hair transplant but that aside I hope it goes well and you get what you want/expect.

Soldato
OP
Please don’t be offended by this but I’ve never understood being so vain or self conscious as to consider paying out to have a hair transplant but that aside I hope it goes well and you get what you want/expect.
Cheers :)
I'm not offended at all, I think that's why I've waited till now to do it.
As you get older you care less about what other people think, so people probably think it's strange that I'm getting something like this done but I just like having hair. I've tried a crew cut and because I'm quite slim I just think it makes me look ill.

Soldato
Interesting journey - wish you nothing but the best.

People spend £1200 on the latest Iphone to make themselves feel better so why not spend your money on what you want.....good luck

Soldato
£2000 to try and beat nature ?

I solved the problem by paying £30 for some Wahl clippers, bonus is the time + money I save from no longer having to visit barbers

Eugh just noticed you're getting it done in Turkey....... Good luck man :)

And lol at the amount of F U 's :p

Soldato
Assume this is the morning after

Screenshot-2020-07-23-at-17-42-58.png

V F

V F

Soldato

The funny thing I can remember is watching the old footage of Wayne Rooney going bald in his younger years from watching some of the archived matches. Then as the the footage was newer, his hair grew.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I considered it, but in the end just got the clippers out and went for a zero. Looks good, helps having a built physique to go with the shaved head and short cut beard.

V F

V F

Soldato
£2000 to try and beat nature ?

I solved the problem by paying £30 for some Wahl clippers, bonus is the time + money I save from no longer having to visit barbers

Eugh just noticed you're getting it done in Turkey....... Good luck man :)

And lol at the amount of F U 's :p

I dare you to say that to the women getting botox/facelifts or plastic surgery and other cosmetics. As well as new teeth, breasts and rear ends. That's not counting the women in their twenties getting plastic surgery.

Man of Honour
Best of luck to you.

I’ve suffered from thinning hair since my early 20s and I’ve now just lopped the whole of it off. It was frightening, but it looks much better.

Man of Honour
I considered it, but in the end just got the clippers out and went for a zero. Looks good, helps having a built physique to go with the shaved head and short cut beard.

Yeah this is the thing - I suspect I will be very close to the pictures in the first post at around 46 - problem is to pull off a shaved head I need to ditch the glasses and bulk up a bit - which I can do but it is effort to maintain. Otherwise I look like I'm dying of a terminal disease :( I actually don't look bad with that look but as above I can't easily maintain it with my metabolism so I'm not going to bother until nearer the time.

I have passingly considered stuff like this but it isn't really me.

EDIT: As below I also do stubble well which helps to offset the look - not everyone can. But again effort to maintain it as I'm definitely not a proper beard person.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I tried that, I just don't rock that look. A beard definitely helps but I'm not really a beard person and can't anyway due to work.

Soldato
I dare you to say that to the women getting botox/facelifts or plastic surgery and other cosmetics. As well as new teeth, breasts and rear ends. That's not counting the women in their twenties getting plastic surgery.

Oh man don't get me started on women destroying their faces with botox and the ones who think a fat ass full of plastic is desirable

Teeth and titties are okay though :D

V F

V F

Soldato
Oh man don't get me started on women destroying their faces with botox and the ones who think a fat ass full of plastic is desirable

Teeth and titties are okay though :D

Not going to lie. I hate what women do to their faces let alone their bodies. It seriously creeps me out how they pay someone that takes a knife to them.

Even the fake breasts can be nasty. The tissue scars, the overly too full shapes like mini footballs.

Let alone the ones that shave their eyebrows to paint new ones on or those fake stick on ones. Plus the amount of women that love duck lips.

Back
Top Bottom