My house is falling apart :(

Soldato
OP
just thought id let you guys know, 1 plumber has come, 1 freaking plumber, his first words were...wait for it........."its a lead pipe, i dont think i can toutch (sp? im tired excuse me)that"...i almost thought like saying well your gonna eat it in a minute

Soldato
KnightStalker said:
just thought id let you guys know, 1 plumber has come, 1 freaking plumber, his first words were...wait for it........."its a lead pipe, i dont think i can toutch (sp? im tired excuse me)that"...i almost thought like saying well your gonna eat it in a minute

Unfortunately I think the plumber is correct, if it is a lead pipe then it's a sod to sort out as they need to be informed first. Sorry to hear this dude, hope you can get everything sorted sharpish.

Soldato
OP
R0551 said:
Unfortunately I think the plumber is correct, if it is a lead pipe then it's a sod to sort out as they need to be informed first. Sorry to hear this dude, hope you can get everything sorted sharpish.

the Plumber was informed, by just about everyone, this is totally stupid....the walls and that are wet through is seeping out from the paint....this is only in the Kitchen under the bathroom which is effected, which is the good part, bad part, its like a swiming pool down there.

oh well, back to the mops again...:(

/edit/ excuse my spelling, havent spept in ages and feel really tired, exhausted, emotianol

Soldato
You should contact your local housing authority - usually the district council if you're in a 2 tier area or the unitary council covering your area. The Housing Act places a statutory duty on the housing authority to provide housing for the homeless, and states that a person is deemed homeless if they cannot be "reasonably expected" to occupy their home - in your case I would suggest that you should not be reasonably expected to live in a house that's full of potentially contaminated water, with dangerous electrics and presumably no running water.

Soldato
sorry to hear that fella,

if it cheers you up a bit, its my bday and i just filled my diesel car with petrol :/ doh!! just got it back from crash repairs, someone rear ended me and i had a petrol car for the last 2 weeks.

So seems 7th feb is jinxed.

Hope you get it all sorted soon fella.

Soldato
Dear me :eek: I have had a good 7th February...so far!

Anyway, looks like it's on it's way to getting sorted out..but really, as blueboy2001 mentioned, contact your local housing authority, and they'll be able to help.

I am in a slightly different situation - my parents house where I live has potentially major problems - the radiators leak at times around the front hall and living room - the two 'areas' at the front of the house. It got pretty bad and resulted in at least five vessels getting filled up pretty damn quickly by dripping water.

The carpet in my parents room (where the leaking was mainly coming from) got soaked and still smells a little horrid. Not sure when it's going to be repaired, but it's behaving itself - sounds like the pipes and radiator have gone really, because there were rust spots on the ceiling where the leaking was coming from.

Back
Top Bottom