my ITX builds

Associate
Nice work Duniek on that case. You gonna put some black acrylic behind the gaps or leave it just looking through to the mobo?

And 3t3P, that sounds about right. Check post #7, at the front of the case, just in front of the RAM. Thats the PSU :p tiny things!

Soldato
I made two for my self and rest for my friends :D
but no problem to make for anyone custom case :)

Just out of interest at this stage, how much would you want for a case?

EDIT: I would like to see you build this case http://www.splitreaction.com/lexan-mini-itx-pc/

How do you get the power button to work?

Me and my dad were gonna attempt this with wood, but I started uni and ran out of time.

I dare you to make it lol.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
pico psus is the best , no mess in case ;D
pico_004.jpg

has 7A on 12V line but pico isnt good for 3,5" hdds and 5,25 optical drives

I powered e8500 + zotac 9300 + 4gb ram max on this pico + 110W adapter

pics of psus (from right to left ATX, mATX, 1U, pico + adapter )
zasiki.jpg

if somebody want contact me via mail (in my sig) if this is not good with forum rules I will remove it

Mike

Soldato
very nice builds regardless, inspirational for tiny pc's
if the external power brick is up for it, could you install TWO pico PSU's inside an M-ITX build say if you wanted to run a dedicated GPU?

Soldato
Inspirational indeed, makes you realise what you can do with very little space and power (watts not grunt) really.

My I5 system is mATX based at the moment, but when the new ITX S1156 boards launch I intend to turn my machine into an mITX setup, the only issue I have is the GTX260 ...I have a Sugo SG05 that I have a E6600/Zotac in right now running as my media machine and server, but I'm not sure the 300w psu would handle an I5 under load and a GTX260 ...dunno, could be a bit too close for comfort.

I hope that when the new boards launch, there will be some more powerful mini psu's and also some new mITX cases aswell. I think 2010 is going to be an interesting year for miniaturised power :)

Associate
You booted that system up with no fans on it at all? Wondering what temps it gets to running passive.

And what are all the other components for? Surely most arent for mini ITX systems!? (Water pumps, 8800, OCZ Reaper etc)

Associate
OP
You booted that system up with no fans on it at all? Wondering what temps it gets to running passive.

And what are all the other components for? Surely most arent for mini ITX systems!? (Water pumps, 8800, OCZ Reaper etc)

pumps and block are for watercooled itx maybe
but alwys i have better jobs to do than that :(

Associate
pico psus is the best , no mess in case ;D
has 7A on 12V line but pico isnt good for 3,5" hdds and 5,25 optical drives

I powered e8500 + zotac 9300 + 4gb ram max on this pico + 110W adapter

Hi, I have a question about these Pico PSUs.

I am planning to build a file server/htpc with the next-generation Atom/Pinetrail chipset in the new year. Ideally, I want to use 2* 3.5" WD Green hard discs and a 5.25" optical drive.

Do you think the PicoPSU would be enough for this? I don't really want to use a huge ATX PSU unless I have to.

Thanks!

Associate
OP
Hi, I have a question about these Pico PSUs.

I am planning to build a file server/htpc with the next-generation Atom/Pinetrail chipset in the new year. Ideally, I want to use 2* 3.5" WD Green hard discs and a 5.25" optical drive.

Do you think the PicoPSU would be enough for this? I don't really want to use a huge ATX PSU unless I have to.

Thanks!
pico psus isnt good for 5,25" and 3,5" drives,
in my opinion 3,5" eco green drives should be work good but 5,25" deffo not

today "WORK" :p :p

95018468.jpg

40105125.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom