My Liquid Metal Experience

Associate
A couple fo weeks ago while rendering a video 100c on my cpu caught my eye, I knew that it was time to do something about it and after a nice research on google I decided to try them all. Undervolting, fan profile and replacing thermal paste, but I still wasn't happy with the results. Then I heard about this magical compound that would drop 10c even on a cleaned system! So, I was like, let's go for it! Today I got my tube and was really happy about it and after applying kapton tape and the lm the temps were even worse than before
confused.gif
I knew something wasn't right therfore opened notebook again and while I was changing the tip 3 tear sized drops landed in my opened notebook, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, one splashed in the gpu, another one in the battery bay another one on the heatsink. Ok, I can fix this, tried to suck the lm back in the tube but popped the plunger out and more lm spilled all over the place
laugh.gif
So I unscrewed the tip and slowly pushed the punlger back in the barrel then put the tip back on and sucked in more lm and did this for 30 mins. Surprisingly I didn't loose any lm, anyway after applying more the second time temps were better but not what I expected. Too be sure I didn't put too much I opened it up again one last time and it was all fine.

RESULTS HERE:

The laptop is an msi gt70 barebone from medion.

bgdsYXj.png
-0.090v repasted with prolimatech pk-2 twice and fan set to 100% when gpu/cpu hits 80c Also, there is 1c difference when the gpu is not overclocked.

AmuECHS.png

Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut with cpu undervolt and fan set to 100% when gpu/cpu hits 80c

I think that my results aren't that great because the heatsink is not making properly contact with the die.

qQceBSz.jpg

KWSPPX3.jpg

Well, thanks for reading I hope you had fun and if you have any suggestions let me know!

Back
Top Bottom