My Log Burner...

Soldato
I am trying to decorate after the installation of my wood burner (the skirting round the hearth).

Now if I finish it like this
fire.jpg
will I burn my house down?!? :D Or should there be a bigger distance from the burner to the combustible material ie the skirting?

It'll be fine, the log burner won't throw out enough heat to combust skirting even that close

I placed an order for 2 log stores yesterday a mahoosive one as the main store and a smaller one to sit on the front porch as an intermediate to save walking all the way round the house for logs :p

Once they're here and put together I'll be putting this winters log order in :D

Soldato
I am trying to decorate after the installation of my wood burner (the skirting round the hearth).

Now if I finish it like this
fire.jpg
will I burn my house down?!? :D Or should there be a bigger distance from the burner to the combustible material ie the skirting?

You should mitre the skirting into the wall, so it turns in against the wall. Will look much better.

Soldato
Sorry not sure what you mean, So cut at the opposite angle?

No skirting is going in the alcove.

Here's mine, you can just see what I mean on the right hand side.Yes, cut opposite angle. You'll obviously need to replace those two pieces as they aren't long enough.

And definitely don't skirt in the alcove. It will break distance to combustibles + look shocking!

14368705_10153938737358034_5732676340126387960_n.jpg

Soldato
Here's mine, you can just see what I mean on the right hand side.Yes, cut opposite angle. You'll obviously need to replace those two pieces as they aren't long enough.

And definitely don't skirt in the alcove. It will break distance to combustibles + look shocking!

Looks great, I see what you mean. I had to salvage the skirting to do what I have done already but I think I will keep it how I have done it now. The small piece of skirting to fit on the return will be a pain to cut and fit as the skirting isn't that thick.

Soldato
Looks great, I see what you mean. I had to salvage the skirting to do what I have done already but I think I will keep it how I have done it now. The small piece of skirting to fit on the return will be a pain to cut and fit as the skirting isn't that thick.

I know what you mean. I had to have skirting made to sample (£££) and have a mitre saw so the fillet piece wasn't hard, but I wouldn't particularly fancy doing it by hand.

Associate
Oh it's that time of year again!! Does everyone order online for the logs? Last year getting logs from the garden centre got quite expensive after a while

Timber yards will be a lot cheaper then garden centers. Here in France I pay 40 euro per stere of dried oak delivered in 1m lengths. That's probably 2 stere in the pic above.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom