My Log Burner...

Associate
didn't want to end up in next doors cavity!

...well, I suppose it depends on what next door looks like ;)

I'm really pleased with how the stove looks (and thank you for the compliment). We were looking for something with a really simple design to match the rest of the room (no surround or mantlpiece) and the Burley was just the job. Mind you - my daughter has taken to calling it "Carl" as she says it reminds her of the Talking Carl App on her iPod :D

Soldato
lol! I also wanted a simple design, I removed my mantlepiece and think it looks the better for it. Mind you, if I wanted to keep it I would have had to had removed it and bought a new one or made one that fit the new opening.

Associate
We were in a similar position to you - there was an existing stone-effect fire surround with a "living flame" type gas fire. We looked at retaining the surround and having an inset wood burner - but I don't think that would have looked right. Like yourself - I think the no-mantlepiece approach suits these modern designs much better.

Soldato
The main surround is off ready for the guys to start taking the old back burner out on Monday.

img1082me.jpg

Associate
I love ours I just wish we made the hearth bigger because we've got carpet and you've got to be real careful with the ash as to not make a mess

Soldato
Been in that location for 5 years we are waiting to see what happens when the fire goes in, we are only getting a 5kw, if its too hot it will move.

Mine is only a 4 KW and the thermometer (which looks like this - http://www.sandpitsheatingcentre.co.uk/prodzoomimg1147.jpg) I have on the top of the stove reads 280-290c when at it's hottest. I was going to mount my TV above the fire place until I decided to put a stove in.

these look great! bit gutted the house we're in the process of buying doesn't have a chimney! Ah well, it will have to be a long term dream :(

My mates folks had one put in without a fire place. They have it in the corner of their room and a pipe goes out the side of the house and is connected up to a stainless pipe that runs up the side of their house.

Soldato
Some nice burners and fire places in here!

Don't have one myself but my friend put a burner in a little while back. Completed the work all by himself including the plastering which was a recently acquired skill - his progress pictures are below:

1-5.jpg

2-5.jpg

3-5.jpg

4-2.jpg

5-3.jpg

6-1.jpg

Also, re: the TV comments. Another friend has a TV mounted in a similar position. Yes height is probably not ideal but heat isn't an issue since there's a large enough mantle.

You can actually feel the cool zone directly above the mantle where it deflects the fire's heat forwards.

gt

EDIT: Oh and here was the flue liner going in... :D

7-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom