My Log Burner...

Soldato
So mine was fitted today :D

6966918631_52ba61326b_z.jpg

6820799860_b78a464345_z.jpg

Associate
Got mine installed last week. It's a Morso 1430 (Squirrel with 'clean' airwash).

Install was £370 with the register plate/backfill but no flue liner as it's a type 1 chimney with good draw and we passed the smoke test. I got quoted between £800-£1100 with a flue liner (904 steel/6" for reference).

Also picked up a thermometer for £12 and a couple of extra Carbon Monoxide detectors for around £20 a piece (mixed brands for redundancy... trait from my day job!).

We also had the fireplace remodelled separately by our normal builder following my specs (was cheaper than asking the HETAS guy to do it). Worth reading http://www.stovesonline.co.uk/stove_building_regulations.html for building regs.

Ignore the random bits of tape/paint, we're still decorating!

2_1.jpg

stove.jpg

First burn to cure the paint.

photo.JPG

Last edited:
Associate
cool thread.

We had a gas fire removed from the front room when we moved in to this house becuase it was basically hideous. I am looking at the area now and it does have a chimney. I would be looking at something to use to heat the room only so not really looking at a log burner as such, perhaps I could go with an open fire and use logs? I wouldnt mind a log burner of course but why have one. when I could have an open fire. Could anyone point me in the right direction for some details on if my chimney would need alteration or anything, I would think I probably have to have the gas line taken out?

Soldato
Vesta V4 is go :)

Just got this installed a week ago, no matter its 80 degrees outside lol, I wanted a non ye olde look install, I`m aiming for contemporary rather than country cottage twee.....might put some funky tiles in the recess.....I also wanted teh main body of steel to protrude into teh room cos I figured teh more warm metal IN the room the more heat.......rather than stuck right in the recess. Cant say enough about the build quality of the stove, its awesome, no ash pan tho which might come to be a pain, still, I thought it was the nicest looking apart from some hugely expensive scandinavian models.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I recently had a Broseley Evolution fitted, as we wanted something with a slightly more modern look. Total cost inc chimney liner was £1850, quite expensive but well worth it for the amount of heat it generates.

Broseley%20Installation.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom