• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

My MSI rtx 2080 RMA experience with OCUK

Associate
Hello Guys

As the title states this is my personal experience so far with my RMA, and I aim to help others who are curious about turnaround times during the covid-19 pandemic.

I recently RMA'd my faulty card to OCUK on thursday 23rd of july 2020 (this is the day they recieved the RMA) the following monday (27/07/2020) I recieved another E-mail outlining that they had returned the card to MSI for repair / replacement.

since then I am still waiting to hear back from them and I will keep this thread updated with my final experiences, hopefully giving anyone else who needs to RMA an MSI product the information they require on average turnaround times.

Last edited:
Caporegime
In that case you give them 28 days from the point that they sent it off/received back by manufacturer.

If nothing heard then give them a call in a couple of weeks.

Associate
I always thought MSI have a UK-based RMA?

Not when I've dealt direct, on GPUs, every time it is Poland.

If you send a card to the UK store you bought it from, I guess they send it or have it collected by MSI, but ultimately it will end up in Poland from my own fairly recent past experience...

Associate
I had hell with MSI in the past with GPUs - hence I always go EVGA / Gigabyte for my high end cards now. Just patiently waiting for the 3XXX - but even if its the ugliest card ever, if its EVGA i'll take it every time as the experience has been stellar.

Soldato
I waited over 30 days for a powercolor card before a full refund , even the rep on reddit ghosted me after being so interested at first to help >_<

Associate
I had hell with MSI in the past with GPUs - hence I always go EVGA / Gigabyte for my high end cards now. Just patiently waiting for the 3XXX - but even if its the ugliest card ever, if its EVGA i'll take it every time as the experience has been stellar.
Could you tell me more about your EVGA experience(s)?

Soldato
Happy EVGA customer here, used their step up program a few years ago to upgrade my 980ti to a 1080 for about 30 quid. Process took a few days and was well handled by EVGA.

Soldato
Happy EVGA customer here, used their step up program a few years ago to upgrade my 980ti to a 1080 for about 30 quid. Process took a few days and was well handled by EVGA.
I recall reading some posts here on the forum someone saying EVGA no longer has UK RMA centre, so support might take a dip.

Back
Top Bottom