1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Network Places

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by lozza, 5 Feb 2006.

1. lozza

Wise Guy

Just now i have gone into My Network places in order to copy some folders across from my laptop to my desktop.

On opening i noticed a shared folder called: _uploads on www.atlantichousing.co.uk which seems to have been created on the 22 January 2006, 11:14:16 with the target of \\www.atlantichousing.co.uk\_uploads

Now atlantic housing is a company my husband recently made a job appication to. An application form as a word file was downloaded and printed out.

Now why would i have a upload folder in My Network places?
    I didn't put it there and Hubby didnt put it there, so how did it get there?

Also does this mean there is a chance Atlantic Housing have access to my network of laptop and desktop?

2. benjo plz.

Capodecina

Just delete it tbh.

3. lozza

Wise Guy

Yeah i did that as soon as i spotted it. But why and how thats what i want to know

4. sniperpenguin

Associate

Chances are it was a shared folder that your husband uploaded a CV / document to. Network Places saw it as a share, remembered it, and placed a shortcut to it to "help"

Access is only one-way, and they shouldnt have access to your network :)