My new build... my thoughts

Associate
Hey guys,

After pestering you all so much for help (big thanks to you all)... thought I'd give some feedback on how I'm feeling about it...

The Akasa eclipse case is... nice, very nice. Only minor grumble is that all the thumbs screws were so tight I had to use a screwdriver on them!

The WD HDD is very quiet... I put the Zalman hard drive cooler on it and it has made it marginally quieter (just noticable) but it's currently being drowned out by the graphics card...

PowerColor X1800GTO 256mb - Loud. On boot it makes more noise than you can shake a stick at! I'm going to be replacing the stock cooler with a VF900 some point today so I'll let you know how quiet it is post-cooler swap :)

The CPU cooler (Arctic 64 Pro) is very quiet and is keeping the CPU pretty cool at idle (29degrees).

I love the akasa junior fan controller I got as it means I can put the case fans at the speed at which I can just not hear them and still get good throughput on them :)

The case fans: 2x 120mm Akasa fans. Nice and quiet with a lot of push. However, I didn't enjoy putting them in as you have to actually force the screw into them... bit of a disappointment on the installation front but otherwise they're great.

All in all... I'm a very happy man :)

Soldato
Glad your pleased with it :)

As for the fan and the screw thing.. i'm afraid its like that with nearly all of them. You could however buy some rubber screws.. They dont need to be screwed in afaik and it would make your pc even quieter :)

Associate
OP
Ok... got the VF900 installed. It's FAR quieter and the GPU is about 10degrees cooler :D (50degrees down to 40).

Score :D

Back
Top Bottom