My new car, again

Man of Honour
Driving modes? There's none of those in the Ghost :p You just put it in D with the steering column shifter and that's it. You can raise the suspension for clearance and lower it for entry, but there's no changing the stiffness of the chassis, weight of the steering, throttle response or anything like that. It's set up as Rolls-Royce believe a Rolls-Royce should behave.

Ah, interesting! I assumed it would have the usual BMW driving experience stuff. I suppose it must automatically adapt the more you press on then…

Soldato
Crikey, "daily drivers" (sorry) don't get much better than that. I bet that's a car in which you don't groan when your navigation says there's heavy traffic ahead.

I hope it treats you well, and the dealership experience lives up to its brand!

Soldato
At the dealership we sat for a bit in a Phantom Extended Wheel Base. Lovely car, but truly gigantic at 6.1m long and all about the rear seats. That felt very much a passenger's car. The Ghost on the other hand is the baby Rolls at 'only' 5.4m (for the standard wheel base which I have), which is bigger than most cars but relatively small by Rolls-Royce standards. It's a little bigger in the back seats than the front, but more or less even. It's obviously very comfortable for passengers but you never feel like you're a chauffeur when you're behind the wheel - it's an absolute pleasure to drive at any pace.

Ah, fair enough! Good to know :)

Back
Top Bottom