My new car, again

daz

daz

Soldato
What a lovely car and a way to get around. How are you getting on with reactions from other road users and the public?

Will it fit in a multi-storey car park? :o

Soldato
Good to see this, especially as it wasn't that long ago you used to believe the 330d was the best car in the world, and driving at 155mph everywhere you could got you to places faster :D

Soldato
OP
Lol the ocuk fleet is getting silly now. What happened to all the screw modded 306s and Mondeo Ghia X posts?

Strong buy sir, are you tempted to change the V12V for something more lairy now?
I don't think so. Most faster or more exotic cars end up becoming tech fests with auto boxes, which isn't what I'd want.
Bet the mpg isn’t that great, the tyres are expensive etc etc etc
Although said in jest, strangely not! Drove down to Bournemouth yesterday and got 28mpg, and tyres are only £150 or so a pop!
That is a beautiful car without a doubt. Just out of interest, did you test drive or consider a fully decked-out Tesla Model X?
I didn't, no. I wouldn't be interested in an EV for this job as it adds another layer of complexity to big trips that I'd rather do without. Moreover the Model X really isn't in the same league as the Rolls in terms of ride quality, materials etc.
I looked at this picture and thought the building looks very familiar. Quick double check, and yes, I know this place and drive past it on my way to/from work. I may have even seen them washing this car this week during a morning commute...
Yes it's quite a famous place :) I picked it up a few weeks ago so you probably didn't see it this week!
What a lovely car and a way to get around. How are you getting on with reactions from other road users and the public?

Will it fit in a multi-storey car park? :o
So despite mine not being optioned with the parking cameras and needing to rely on regular parking sensors, I've found it quite easy to park. It has quite a tight steering lock which helps. Generally you just need to go slow.

In terms of reactions, we hired a Ghost for a weekend before buying to make sure we liked it. We found the car great but did have some odd reactions, including someone shouting "ROLLER" at the window while in traffic. However since picking it up reactions have been entirely positive. I think the colour helps, its unusual to see out on the road and is reflecting quite brightly in the sunnier weather we're having at the moment. We've had a couple of impromptu nice chats with people who just come up and start talking e.g. when parking this morning someone on a Vespa walked over and started talking about the car, and how he's just bought his dream car (an E-Type). It's nice. You do find people staring at you or trying to catch a glipse of who's behind the wheel etc, which may get old eventually, but seems fine for now :)
Good to see this, especially as it wasn't that long ago you used to believe the 330d was the best car in the world, and driving at 155mph everywhere you could got you to places faster :D
330i I think you'll find ;)

Soldato
Stunning car, congrats!

That is a beautiful car without a doubt. Just out of interest, did you test drive or consider a fully decked-out Tesla Model X?
Surely the RR is in a completely different league, probably totally different solar system that the Model X in terms of quality!?

Man of Honour
Approved. Welcome to the draw bridge club. One assumes you’ll get a driver for nights out and ‘entertaining’?

Associate
Hovis on the hood or the car ain't yours :p

Congrats, I remember reading your antics in your E46 330.

Very nice car sir

Soldato
Very, very nice. Not something you usually see OCUK folks buying even when a load of money splashed out on a car. Love that interior.
Need to change sig to Sir PMKeates or something :D.

Back
Top Bottom