My new favourite biscuit..

Soldato
I've been eyeing these for ages thinking, hmm, might be nice but probably a bit boring.

But they're amazing. Lovely crispy snap to the biscuit and the taste of the chocolate in between is so nice. I can't stop eating them. Well I can, but I could eat packetfuls very quickly :p
I'll have to try some more Bahlsen snacks.

pick-up-cushion.png

Soldato
my bible kev says they have the same biscuit as leibnez,
they look like an inverted version of those, in sandwich form, with less chance of getting chocolate on the keyboard,
but there, the Aldi imitations, are better value and very close.

-now need a treble layer one - it is like the hamburger market

Soldato
OP
my bible kev says they have the same biscuit as leibnez,
they look like an inverted version of those, in sandwich form, with less chance of getting chocolate on the keyboard,
but there, the Aldi imitations, are better value and very close.

-now need a treble layer one - it is like the hamburger market

Does Aldi do a Pick Up clone then? I'd like to try that.

It might be the same chocolate and biscuit as Leibniz, but It's the sandwich form of Pick Up that makes it so nice.

But I love the biscuit, it's so buttery.

Soldato
Does Aldi do a Pick Up clone then? I'd like to try that.
no - did not see one yesterday - pickups do seem a premium product though.

chocolate in the fridge ? it looses it's taste versus room temp, and google seems to confirm it changes structure ... each to his own (but if you live in tropics)

Soldato
They were giving away packs of these at my local Tesco's when they launched last year.

Their Hazelnut Wafers from Waitrose are tasty.

Soldato
I tried these today as the pack was on offer on the end of an isle in Tesco.

It's OK.. too much biscuit to chocolate, and the biscuit was a bit too crumbly, chocolate was nice though and there is the crispy snap.

I think I prefer these though.
TEd0sEWm.png.jpg

Man of Honour
When we moved house, the estate agents sent us a care package of things as a welcome.
Couple of mugs, tea bags, nasty coffee, creamer, cleaning supplies and a few other things, and about 6 packets of the Pick Up's... Milk and dark chocolate...

Mugs went into the flat, as did the tea, coffee and creamer. Biscuits never made it... somehow... ;)

Soldato
Just 'picked up' 4 packs of Pick Ups from Waitrose as they're 2 for £2. The Bahlsen chocos are BOGOF atm!

Pick ups aren't bad I confess and the biscuit definitely tastes very similar to the Bahlsen stuff, though a bit harder/crispy imo.

Soldato
I tried these today as the pack was on offer on the end of an isle in Tesco.

It's OK.. too much biscuit to chocolate, and the biscuit was a bit too crumbly, chocolate was nice though and there is the crispy snap.

I think I prefer these though.
TEd0sEWm.png.jpg

I know what you mean, the orange ones are really good and the wafer ones they do too. Nice with a good cup of coffee.

Soldato
OP
You can't beat an old-fashioned bourbon. Not latest product on the market but better than the rest.

I like bourbons but the biscuit texture is fairly dull, same with custard creams. However, I recently tried some budget brand of custard creams, and also a budget chocolate version which effectively could be a bourbon (although still square shaped like the standard custard cream) but the biscuit on both had a really good snap making them really nice to eat. It really goes to show that texture in food is everything.

Soldato
Custard Creme's will always have a place in my gob, as will Bourbons.

Most recently I'm finding Double Stuffed Oreo's quite superior...

Back
Top Bottom