My new game monster

Associate
Hello everyone,
I’ve just purchased the most important piece of my build which is the graphic card (rtx 3090). While I’m waiting for this to be delivered I’m going to purchase the other pieces. What do you think about these?

Man of Honour
Hi and welcome .

The 3090 is only 10% faster than the 3080 at 4k the 3090 is really an 8k gpu.

If you want to save money you could shave 100s of pounds with diffrent parts but it looks like your going high end.

Overall top notch.

Soldato
One certainly monstrous thing is waste of money for no good into brand and fashion.
(including also RTX 3090, which doubles the price for poor 10% more performance over 3080)

For start complete buttrape and robbery priced board won't make CPU and faster or longer lasting.
And that expiring probably happens in ten days with release of AMD's new Zen3 architecture CPUs taking also single threaded lead from Intel.
(while AMD already smashes Intel in multithreaded)
At that resolution there certainly wouldn't be even any difference to current Zen2.

And standard 1TB NVMe simply doesn't belong into PC of that price level.
2TB Adata SX8200 Pro would be only £50 more.

And slower native uncached write speed than in 10 year old HDD QLC Flash drive?
That price PC should use always better than HDD performing SSDs!

Associate
OP
One certainly monstrous thing is waste of money for no good into brand and fashion.
(including also RTX 3090, which doubles the price for poor 10% more performance over 3080)

For start complete buttrape and robbery priced board won't make CPU and faster or longer lasting.
And that expiring probably happens in ten days with release of AMD's new Zen3 architecture CPUs taking also single threaded lead from Intel.
(while AMD already smashes Intel in multithreaded)
At that resolution there certainly wouldn't be even any difference to current Zen2.

And standard 1TB NVMe simply doesn't belong into PC of that price level.
2TB Adata SX8200 Pro would be only £50 more.

And slower native uncached write speed than in 10 year old HDD QLC Flash drive?
That price PC should use always better than HDD performing SSDs!
Ok.

3090 is really an 8k gpu.

Except it's not really. Nvidia's marketing hype would like you to believe it is, but in reality whilst it can run games at 8K it's hardly the start of the 8K revolution. The sheer limited volume of panels is another factor too.

The here and now isn't the best time to be buying a PC because we're on the cusp of AMD's CPU/GPU announcements, and the ****show that is the Nvidia Ampere launch (stock availability assuming you talk yourself off the 3090 ledge and go for the more sensible 3080 option, the caps issue, price fluctuations etc).

I'd be sitting tight for another month personally to see where everything is going, we should have the above product announcements and probably more news on the 20GB 3080s too. Not to mention vBios, hardware revisions, driver maturity for Ampere.

Associate
The 3090 is a great card, yes its expensive but hey, who cares if you want it, get it. Not all purchases need to be justified. Unless you love Intel I would wait a while as your 3090 will probably be on order for a while for the new AMD chips to come out. However, if you like Intel then go for Intel.

Back
Top Bottom