Associate
So I’ve just built a new SFF PC with the following;
GTX 1070 Mini
Ryzen 1700X
Samsung EVO 1TB m.2
HDPLEX 400W DC/ATX
Dell 330W AC/DC
Predator 1440p IPS monitor (140Hz)

And it appears under some loads the power brick (dell) trips out, I have to unplug it for a while until it will turn on again, the light on the brick itself goes out.

So Civ 6 won’t even load a game without cutting out, even at 1080p, now I used this game and PC with my old monitor (728) and it ran fine, which is weird.

The new COD plays fine at 1080p with just a little stutter when loading some bits, i also just played a couple of minutes at 1440p 100Hz+ (despite me having everything set to 60fps in both Nvidia and game settings) max graphics settings etc. Before it cutting out at the end of a battle.

Now I’ve been told it’s micro peaking? Do I need to undervolt the card? Or put a power limit on it? And does anyone know why Civ 6 won’t run but CoD will? Why is Civ so intensive?

Thanks in advance
Ben

Soldato
Is there not a better power brick available? Im not an expert but having a something that can pull 400W inside the pc and only a 330W power suppy sounds like grounds for your issue?

Associate
I have a feeling you are very tight on wattage here. https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator This reckons you will be in the 310W region at load and recommends a 360W PSU to cope with it. It could be that something about Civ is just taking you over the limit.

You could test this by undervolting both your CPU / GPU slightly to see if the problem goes away? If so you're simply coming to close to the limit. As eluded to above I'd imagine the fact that your PSU can deliver 400w but your brick can only supply 330 could mean the PSU is having no problems at all, but it simply gives up when the brick can't give it enough supply, almost like a power cut.

Back
Top Bottom