My Official £50-£46,000 betting challenge

Caporegime
Meh, it's all free money at the moment. Don't bet with the starting £100. Seems to take a bloody age to get anywhere. I'm very, very strict and don't do bets above 1.01 (the odd occasion 1.02) so progression is simply nails.

I shall get to a grand (hopefully) and see what to do. No doubt I'll carry on though.

Just worked out it will take 100 bets to get to £1k so at 3 bets a day it should take 33 days to hit a £1k. I don't bet every day though. So by crimbo would be a pleasant surprise :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Well my challenge is over already.

Started with £6 that was in my account - betting on 1.03 and under. 21 bets in and I was up to £16.

22nd bet was under 4.5 goals in 1st leg of Spanish Super cup. 0-0 Real v Barca after 50 mins -odds dropped to 1.03 - i take that bet after 51 mins - game finishes 3-2!

Christ on a bike!! It just shows how pretty much ANYTHING can catch you out.

I'll be back.

Caporegime
Well my challenge is over already.

Started with £6 that was in my account - betting on 1.03 and under. 21 bets in and I was up to £16.

22nd bet was under 4.5 goals in 1st leg of Spanish Super cup. 0-0 Real v Barca after 50 mins -odds dropped to 1.03 - i take that bet after 51 mins - game finishes 3-2!

Christ on a bike!! It just shows how pretty much ANYTHING can catch you out.

I'll be back.

I had <5.5 in that match! Sooo close

Soldato
Started tonight with a tenner after coming across this thread earlier today.

Betting on number of goals scored in football around 88 minutes into the game. Generally getting odds of 1.01 to 1.05 and giving myself a 2 goal cushion for the last 2 minutes plus injury time.

So far am up 50p \o/

Associate
Theres quite a few on here that have said they have built up a decent pot from their initial investment and then lost it...

Surely people - dont put your complete bank roll on an event. if you start with a balance of £10, well then put your bets on for £2.... if/when your balance reaches £11, put on £2.2 and so on...

Again if/when your balance reaches £12, decide if you now want ot do 6 £2 bets, or 5 bets at £2.40 and so on.

I would even decide if weekly/monthly you want to withdraw some of your profit, even if it is a couple of pound/pence.

There is always risk in gambling, but self control is the biggest risk of them all imo.

I trade 'part time', and what I mean in that is I make a reasonable sum, but am not yet willing to give up my full time job to become permanent - its far handier to have this extra cash building up a nice nest egg for myself. I marginally increase my stakes each week, in order to help mitigate risk, as what I do right now and currently works, may not work exponentially.

Caporegime
I do this now, I bet £100 at a time rather than the £300. But I can lose self control and put the whole £300 on a bet if I can't see good enough bets.

I don't care its purely something to pass the time.

Soldato
Theres quite a few on here that have said they have built up a decent pot from their initial investment and then lost it...

Surely people - dont put your complete bank roll on an event. if you start with a balance of £10, well then put your bets on for £2.... if/when your balance reaches £11, put on £2.2 and so on...

Again if/when your balance reaches £12, decide if you now want ot do 6 £2 bets, or 5 bets at £2.40 and so on.

I would even decide if weekly/monthly you want to withdraw some of your profit, even if it is a couple of pound/pence.

There is always risk in gambling, but self control is the biggest risk of them all imo.

I trade 'part time', and what I mean in that is I make a reasonable sum, but am not yet willing to give up my full time job to become permanent - its far handier to have this extra cash building up a nice nest egg for myself. I marginally increase my stakes each week, in order to help mitigate risk, as what I do right now and currently works, may not work exponentially.

I started with £10 on Friday and am up to £16 after 36 bets losing 2 of the 36.

I bet 10% of my bankroll or £2 per bet, whichever is highest, and generally look for bets that provide odds of 1.05 (in my opinion any less isn't worth the risk a lot of the time) as a minimum but generally in the region of 1.2-1.3.

If you get about 1.2 on a decent bet then taking commission into account at 15% you can afford to lose 1 in every 7 bets and still turn a profit.

It's slower to build up than the OP's system but it should be more sustainable in the long term, especially once I get over £20. :)

Caporegime
At £510, now to take £410 out and start again or keep going?!

This would literally buy me a new bike I've been looking at, for free!

Soldato
At £510, now to take £410 out and start again or keep going?!

This would literally buy me a new bike I've been looking at, for free!

well done - excellent work.

Do you keep a spreadsheet of the bets you've made? Would be interested to see it.

Keep going I say!:D:D

Caporegime
I'm thinking of starting with an amount like this.. Worth it? Considering i have zero knowledge of football/whatever and would be betting purely on odds.

I have ZERO knowledge about football, mates acctually find it quite funny how I've managed it know nothing about football. I mean nothing

One

One

Soldato
What the hell is this betfair nonsense about back and lay? I'm considering taking my money out and going back to coral. Is a back bet the same as the sort of bet I would do on COral?

Also yeah, literally no knowledge is needed, just look at the odds, let the betting shops do all the maths for you so you know who is going to win :p

Soldato
What the hell is this betfair nonsense about back and lay? I'm considering taking my money out and going back to coral. Is a back bet the same as the sort of bet I would do on COral?

Also yeah, literally no knowledge is needed, just look at the odds, let the betting shops do all the maths for you so you know who is going to win :p

Yeah backing a result is like saying it will happen like you normally would. If you lay a bet you're basically saying it won't happen.

Eg United vs QPR

Back United would mean you'd get paid if United win
Lay United would mean you'd get paid if its a draw or QPR win

Back
Top Bottom