My PC is comatose!! Any ideas how to revive it?

Associate
I have a Vaio HTPC which has recently decided to not exactly die on me, but not boot up at all. What happens is that all the power lights come on, all the fans run, the 3 hard drives spin up and then nothing happens, but all the system fans keep running at a constant speed. I think it is a hard drive issue, as I'm not getting any response from my HDD activity LED. It will sometimes boot up and act as if nothing untowards has happened at all.

Any idea what the problem could be and how I could go about solving it? (preferably without losing the stuff on my drives)

Associate
OP
It is a VGX-XL301 and has a custom Sony power supply and motherboard. I do have another PSU, but it doesn't have the same power connections. Changing the motherboard would be a moot point, as they cost a silly amount of money to buy separately. And it doesn't have a mobo screen adapter thingy.

Associate
well without trying bits and bobs or your gear it'll be hard to figure out what wrong with it. It could be a few things, 1 your mob has decided to pack in, 2 your gpu might have given up hence your not getting anything up on your screen or 2 like you said it could be your HDD. Do you not have another pc floating around that you can use for the time being.
If you do you could try your HDD's and GPU out on it and see if they work.

Back
Top Bottom