1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Recent Trip To Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by Combat squirrel, 11 Apr 2010.

1. Combat squirrel

Capodecina

Some shots of my trip to Hong Kong ! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Combat squirrel

Capodecina

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Combat squirrel

Capodecina

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats all now, promise,lol, really enjoyed it, get there folks as soon as you can !

4. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

I am there now ! :D (like typing this in my hotel room lol)

5. Razor-BladE

Mobster

Awesome shots! :) What kit did you use?
    I'm going HK in the summer, so should be good. Any places to definitely visit?

Love the 1st one especially.

6. Combat squirrel

Capodecina

:D awesome ! where abouts you staying ? I was down causeway bay in a hostal, fantastic place with great location! been tst yet ? :D , also hit LKF as much as possible!! Damn I miss that place, so many awesome nights out!

7. Combat squirrel

Capodecina

You will love it !!, I can only say everywhere......lol, but defo temple st night market, HK park, HK botanical gardens, central and its markets as well as shops, night life go to LKF (lan kwai fon), check out wan chai on a wed night as welll ;) :p, oh and I kid you not, as strange as it sounds have a steak at the causeway bay branch of 'the outback' australian theme resturant, I swear down the nicest steak ever! If you took a slice out of god himself and cooked up a steak with it , it still wouldnt be as nice as the 16oz steak there!! :D, missing the place now thinking about it.. :/ lol

8. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

I am staying in Sha Tin, my dad is paying so i don't get to pick lol
    Can't complain....air con rooms, ensuite and buffet breakfast with internet in the room. It's only like 3 stop from Ho Hum so its not far at all.

My Counsin works in Causeway Bay, and i have no idea where LKF is....

Went to the Buddha today, god it was foggy, and windy, the photos of that is just non existent, was like walking in a sauna.

I only bought 1 lens with me this time, 50/1.4 on a 30D. Kinda wish i took my 5D with a 35L (which I dont have lol). Also played with a GF1, so cool...and everyone has one here.

Also, have you noticed, there are a lot more girls here than guys, a lot more and they are all like size 6 or something !

9. Combat squirrel

Capodecina

Haha exactly what iv been tellin my friends!! there like 99% fit as well, where as in the uk all the women are 99% mingers, god enjoy it dude, seriously, getting back to the UK outlines just how god aweful it is, im job hunting over there now, and if not there anywhere else in the world that isnt the UK, what a dive the country has become! lol, also you noticed just how nice everyone is ? really respectful and everything.

Oooh prime lens when traveling! I go 24-70 or equivilent minimum as you just cant predict what your gonna see.

LKF is lan kwai fon, central MTR exit D, its a pub/club area in main central, fantastic place, great people and the best atmosphere ever, defo check it out, go on fri/sat nights, a tad expensive at £4-6 a pint but well worth it.

10. Rojin

Soldato

Lovely set of shots, I'm most jealous! Is there really a place called Ho Hum?!!

I'm hoping to get to HK for a sevens rugby tournament one day, probably have to wait until I retire now though!

11. Razor-BladE

Mobster

Ah nice. Much better than my kit. Hopefully will learn a lot when i'm over there though. It'll probably be my first time i'll be properly out with my camera. Don't have much time atm, and there's not exactly much around here. So should be all good :) I'll also be in Malaysia and Thailand for a few days as well.

Haha fair enough. I'll have a lot of time in HK so hopefully i'll be able to go to loads of places. And i'll bear those places in mind, thanks :)
    Alrightttt then. Sounds good :D I'll remember to get a steak there.

Ohh and how much space in your SD/CF(?) did you use because i think i might need to get some more. How long did you go for?

12. BruceLee

Mobster

Great shots with nice rich colours that pop out of my screen, reminds me of my trip last year to Vietnam with the shots of the plastic chairs outside and the market shots.

13. DB_SamX

Sgarrista

Amazing pics there! Looks a grat place to visit too.

14. oldbag

Sgarrista

I liked it alot when i went.

15. Raikiri

Capodecina

I would love to go again now that I know what I'm doing with a camera/have a decent one.

Nice shots, the first one, kingfisher and the market ones are all great.

16. Fossil

Hitman

This thread is reminding me that I need to save up to go HK again. Need my fix of arcades, fast food and dessert :o

Depends on what your interests are. But I would say go to The Peak and Tsim Sha Tsui to look at the HK skyline.

Dude, the females haven't got any fatter. Surprising considering so many love their FatDonald's :eek:

Nice? Depends on who you are. AFAIK, some (or maybe more) people in HK are not so fond of their Mainland counterparts but that is for another thread.

I think Raymondo means 'Hung Hom'.

17. jesta

Mobster

Think I already commented on these over at Talk Photography? :p
    I'm going HK during mid-June which will be fun! The humidity is going to kill me! :D Haven't been back for 10 years! Going to have to do a lot of sight seeing!

18. Felix Da Housecat

Mobster

I really like the Hong Kong skyline.

Would like to see more pics of them if you have any.

19. Razor-BladE

Mobster

Anything really. Haven't got into photography much yet so still trying with everything. Thanks :)

Haven't been back in about 14 years! I can't even remember it! Lol (I was 4 at the time, or thereabouts). I'm going beginning of July :)

20. Combat squirrel

Capodecina

No worries, cheers :), slightly larger pics to make it easier to see skyline:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also a pic of the aviary in HK park, its just so cool:

[​IMG]

:)