My Review Of The Viewsonic VX912

Soldato
Originally posted by seanakers
Any chance of giving your VX912 a try with the analogue connector. Unfortunately due to my use of a KVM I need to use analogue with the monitor. If you could just give us an idea of how sharp the picture is, especially text as I mainly use my PCs for programming and spend a lot of time looking at pages of small text.

TIA

Sean.

Ive tried this myself yesterday.
And I gotta say, I can hardly notice any difference! (I actually caught myself saying "hmm this actually looks better")!

I honestly cant see a difference. Which is bizzare since I seem to be nitpicking about panel brightness and text colours lol.

Ill be interested to see what Ken says too actually.

Ken

Ken

Associate
OP
Originally posted by Cavallino
Ive tried this myself yesterday.
And I gotta say, I can hardly notice any difference! (I actually caught myself saying "hmm this actually looks better")!

I honestly cant see a difference. Which is bizzare since I seem to be nitpicking about panel brightness and text colours lol.

Ill be interested to see what Ken says too actually.

I agree. No difference at all.
Problem though - with both analogue and digital connections plugged in, I couldn't select analogue mode - the option was available in the menu but it kept going back to digital mode. I had to unplug the digital cable in order to get analogue to work. :confused:

Man of Honour
excellent review there Ken, nice to have a user review instead of from THG and magazine reviews.......will add your comments to my 19inch TFT thread too (crediting you of course:)) as ive been meaning to add the excellent 912 for a while

thanks

Soldato
Originally posted by Ken
I agree. No difference at all.
Problem though - with both analogue and digital connections plugged in, I couldn't select analogue mode - the option was available in the menu but it kept going back to digital mode. I had to unplug the digital cable in order to get analogue to work. :confused:

Yep ditto. I remember that happening too. Perhaps it preselects the Digital over analogue, but kinda defeats the objective of having the opion to select them? Unless the analogue refers to the different DVI-I and DVD-D standards (where one carries analogue information?)

(This is all from memory, Im at work at the moment!)

VoG

VoG

Soldato
i really don't want to be reading this, my loverly, but ancient 19" NEC multisync 95F packed up last night & i'm currently using a borrowed generic 17" monitor, i'm trying soooo hard not to reach for the credit card & splurdge on a VX912. & don't suppose any one of you peeps with a tft could let me know what it's like with a racing game, summat like NFSU:2?....

Soldato
Originally posted by VoG
i really don't want to be reading this, my loverly, but ancient 19" NEC multisync 95F packed up last night & i'm currently using a borrowed generic 17" monitor, i'm trying soooo hard not to reach for the credit card & splurdge on a VX912. & don't suppose any one of you peeps with a tft could let me know what it's like with a racing game, summat like NFSU:2?....

YES AGAIN :) (wow im becoming useful lol)

Played it a few times, the game is gorgeous on this panel. No ghosting whatsoever, and this was with vertical sync off!

I did notice that in the menu when you scroll left or right to make a selection, there was a little ghosting effect when the grey selections scroll left or right, but when I whacked up the refresh to 70Hz, that seemed to have dissapeared (Please note this is a VERY minor thing, Im probably nitpicking again hehe).

I know from my own experience this game runs very smoothly and is gorgeous to look at on a VX912

Edit: Wtf! VoG matey? Werent you on T-PC forums? Im sure I seen your nick somewhere! And yer from Nottingham! I used to live in Nottingham!

Ken

Ken

Associate
OP
Originally posted by Baddass
excellent review there Ken, nice to have a user review instead of from THG and magazine reviews.......will add your comments to my 19inch TFT thread too (crediting you of course:)) as ive been meaning to add the excellent 912 for a while

thanks

OMG sorry, totally forgot! - I should thank you for your 17 inch and 19 inch TFT stickies! Excellent advice in those. :) Also thanks goes to everyone who helped in my TFT threads and those from the VX910 thread.

@ Cavallino - ah good to know it's not just me. :)

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Originally posted by Cavallino
Edit: Wtf! VoG matey? Werent you on T-PC forums? Im sure I seen your nick somewhere! And yer from Nottingham! I used to live in Nottingham!

mwaaahaha, yes indeed matey i was on T-PC for a fair old while but wandered off in the end, recognised your nic from there as well. ;)

oh, & cheers for the info on NFSU:2 playing ok on this tft, i think it might well have to be done, this damn cheapo 17"CRT is doing my head in & looks completely & utterley wrong.

Associate
Thanks for your comments on the analogue connection. Sorely tempted to buy now. Shame you can't have analogue and digital plugged in together but you can't have everything. Picture quality is what matters the most.

Unfortunately I've read there's a Hyundai 8ms 19"er so I'd better check that out before I take the plunge.

Doh ! Every time I think I know what I want to buy, they either discontinue it or several new options appear at the same time.

Soldato
Originally posted by VoG
mwaaahaha, yes indeed matey i was on T-PC for a fair old while but wandered off in the end, recognised your nic from there as well. ;)

oh, & cheers for the info on NFSU:2 playing ok on this tft, i think it might well have to be done, this damn cheapo 17"CRT is doing my head in & looks completely & utterley wrong.

Good to see you prospering matey!

Yes ditch that 17" CRT :D You want this panel hehe.

Soldato
Originally posted by VoG
don't suppose any one of you peeps with a tft could let me know what it's like with a racing game, summat like NFSU:2?....

Yep I got NFSU:2, I'll give it a shot in a bit. Been busy playing HL2DM.

Back a bit later...

Ken, my desk area is a complete state in comparison to your peaceful desk so once I tidy the place up I'll get some shots from my Kyocera FineCam S3R. I'll show you how sharp images can be from a "real" digicam :D

Soldato
Yea ill do that too tonight :)

Gotta say the panel goes well with my Creative Labs I-trigue speakers and black MSOffice Keyboard :) (Now i need to replace my crappy ms optical mouse for a mx510 :))

Ken

Ken

Associate
OP
Originally posted by [timko]
Ken, my desk area is a complete state in comparison to your peaceful desk so once I tidy the place up I'll get some shots from my Kyocera FineCam S3R. I'll show you how sharp images can be from a "real" digicam :D

lol. You have no idea what the rest of my room looks like! I can't even open the door lol.
Looking forward to the pics. :)

Post plenty of pics everyone - my pics don't do any justice to this excellent TFT.

Soldato
Couple more pics to help make yer minds up!

tft1.jpg

tft2.jpg

Soldato
Finally cleared the shiz from my desk (and that includes my old ADi 17") and currently have it setup as follows...

vx912b_01.jpg

vx912b_02.jpg

vx912b_03.jpg

Next upgrade for me is gonna be Logitech Z5500 once I find a source in the UK :)

Associate
Got my 912 sitting on my desk here, upgraded from a Iiyama Vision Master Pro 17", first thing that strikes you is that the 19" viewable screen is massive in comparison!
The only thing I find better on the crt is contrasting dark colours, against other dark colours, for example when moving through a dark area in a game. Also I was finding the screen very bright, to the point where it was washing out the colour, however this is improving with time, anyone else been experiencing the same?

Soldato
Originally posted by zoid
Got my 912 sitting on my desk here, upgraded from a Iiyama Vision Master Pro 17", first thing that strikes you is that the 19" viewable screen is massive in comparison!
The only thing I find better on the crt is contrasting dark colours, against other dark colours, for example when moving through a dark area in a game. Also I was finding the screen very bright, to the point where it was washing out the colour, however this is improving with time, anyone else been experiencing the same?

I find EXACTLY the same zoid. I had a Iiyama Vision Master Pro 454 (19") and I find the brightness.. well.. too bright lol and washing out the colours.... dont know how to get around this... cause where there is a lot of colour on screen it is really colourful.. but if theres white (kind like chatting on msn) all colours wash out a bit.

Back
Top Bottom