My Review Of The Viewsonic VX912

Associate
VX912 Question, I'm considering getting one of these but I would like to know if it is possible to fit a wall mount to it. Looking at ** back pic I can see four dimples in a square is the where the screws go to meet the VESA Standard 75mm. Sorry pic not v clear enough to see.

Can anyone let me know if it can be fitted to a VESA Standard 75mm mount, thanks!

-King :)

Ken

Ken

Associate
OP
Thanks for the comments Martin and welcome to the forums. :)

I'll add a tiny update to my original post and I'll drop my rating to 9/10.

Heartless_King - yep, if you remove the rubber dimple things, screw holes are revealed. :)

Soldato
Remember you have to get the viewing angle right. I have mine on a shelf on my pc desk,, and I need to put something under the stand at the back to tilt it forward to get the viewing angle right, cos you cant tilt it past 90degrees forward, or can you???????

Associate
speedy2004 said:
Remember you have to get the viewing angle right. I have mine on a shelf on my pc desk,, and I need to put something under the stand at the back to tilt it forward to get the viewing angle right, cos you cant tilt it past 90degrees forward, or can you???????

Any chance of a pic?? My desk also have shelves and would be a shame if I have to sent it back!

-King

P.S Ken - thanks for the feedback :)

Ken

Ken

Associate
OP
I'm considering a desk mount so that I can easily position and switch the TFT for viewing from the desk to the bed. I like the spec of this one but my god is it expensive! :eek: :(

Associate
I just bought VX912. This is better i could imagine. No dead or lazy pixels.

Someone said that there is little darker area at the left of the screen: I can't see that. I tried to look it with white background. Maybe i'm blind, but I really can not see that.

Maybe I remember wrong that someone could not do this: but I can switch between analog and digital input.. So I can have two different computers connected to this LCD. I just press button [2] and 2seconds and there is other picture on the screen..

BUT only bad this I find in this is: When using 70Hz display mode or higher, I see little, almost transparent lines. First i could not notice this but now I have had this few weeks and i see that now. But I can only see those line from 50cm or closer. This is hard to describe in english because i'm from finland. :) but this line-thing is not something to worry about.

I give this LCD-monitor 9,5 points out of 10.

Permabanned
had mine for a view days after thinking of it i like it better than my 19inch digmate , did not at first tho,,,,
does seem a bit bright and i dont like reading on a white background not sure if my settings need changeing, if they do what do u guys have your colour settings etc on???????????????????????????

i get ghosting sometimes

thing is i play pes4 and its a fuzzy pitch

play shrek 2 and its good just a little ghosting in the games build up

GOOD MONITER AT A GOOD PRICE

just need to sort pes4 its either a cpu problem or psu not sure what tho as everythink else is ok apart from a unstable cpu speed, but it only goes unstable for a few secs then back to normal................

Soldato
Ken said:
Back

If you're in the market for a 19 inch TFT then this is it.
A definite 10/10 from me. :D

UPDATE
I'm changing the rating to 9/10. I'm not sure why this is but video in general looks more pixelated. When watching DVDs, this isn't noticeable as long as you are about 50cm away from the screen but the pixelation is more noticeable on video that is of less quality FAQ Another problem that is common to all TFTs it seems, whether it be in games or movies, is dark areas are darker than they would be on a CRT.

ok I found out the darkers are more dark than on a CRT as well , the way I got around this was I donwloaded powerstrip and this has a setting to make it brighter in games which works well for me.

Permabanned
i like this moniter

i am just waiting to get a refund from ********* for my digimate it had one small dead pixel, i hope they dont send me it back or i am stuck with 2 tfts when i only need one

Permabanned
just got a email

Greetings from *************

We're writing to confirm that we have processed your refund for GBP
199.99 for the above-referenced order.
so yes u do get refunds with one dead pixel

Man of Honour
loates123, you may have noticed that your post above was edited because of a competitor mention. Please familiarise yourself with the FAQ and rules or you might risk loosing your account :)

Permabanned
yes sorry mate i keep forgeting why are they so harsh about this

only pronlem i have now is a unstable cpu fan speed what is causing no problems
but why its happening is doing my head in

could it be my 300 w power supply dont want to buy a new one if its not the problem

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Yes the Viewsonic is a favourite at OcUK. It may not have the best specification but this is definetely the most stylish and best looking panel to have on a desk. The specifications are still excellent and in playing games and DVD's they look just as good on this panel as they do on the higher specification ones. No doubt the reason Viewsonic have kept the VX715 X and VX912B X current models as they are so good.

Also check out our This Week Only offers as the Viewsonic X Series panels are on there. :)

Back
Top Bottom