My RIG for 2021 - how much will it come down in price?

Soldato
How long is piece of string?

Covid, new tech, supply, Jesus' second coming - anything and everything could effect prices over the coming 12 months.

Plus, you ideally spec a system a maximum of a month before buying to get an idea of the latest tech you can get for your money. I would redo your list in October/November next year - a year is a long time in computers, your list will change.

*Got to ask - why the relatively small 240mm H100i with that monolith of a case and when everything else is to the max/premium?

Soldato
Gotta echo the above, why spec out a system quite specifically that you're not planning to buy for another 15 months?

It's fine to put a rough spec together to have an idea of how much it might cost you. But i wouldn't be putting any serious considerations down until this time next year.

Associate
OP
How long is piece of string?

Covid, new tech, supply, Jesus' second coming - anything and everything could effect prices over the coming 12 months.

Plus, you ideally spec a system a maximum of a month before buying to get an idea of the latest tech you can get for your money. I would redo your list in October/November next year - a year is a long time in computers, your list will change.

*Got to ask - why the relatively small 240mm H100i with that monolith of a case and when everything else is to the max/premium?

Hi,

I'll re-spec it again, but no harm in getting a few ideas.

What other liquid cooler would you recommend?

Soldato
What other liquid cooler would you recommend?
I would personally be looking at high end air and a smaller case/footprint (among other cost saving changes for no discernible performance drop off.) - but appreciate, to a degree, if you're after a certain aesthetic.

But with that large case and your budget i would be looking at a 360mm configuration - with more subtle RGB.

The very overpriced 360mm Kraken Z73 LCD - would be one example - or the cheaper Corsair equivalent (i don't recommend the Kraken as it's very expensive - but ties in with your spending/premium build.)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I would personally be looking at high end air and a smaller case/footprint (among other cost saving changes for no discernible performance drop off.) - but appreciate, to a degree, if you're after a certain aesthetic.

But with that large case and your budget i would be looking at a 360mm configuration - with more subtle RGB.

The very overpriced 360mm Kraken Z73 LCD - would be one example - or the cheaper Corsair equivalent (i don't recommend the Kraken as it's very expensive - but ties in with your spending/premium build.)

Sorry, that link didn't work.

Is the Corsair equivalent the Platinum edition?

Soldato
Ah, thank you. Is this better than the Karken?
Asking the wrong guy i'm afraid - i would have to look that up like you. Suspect there's very little in it. I mentioned the 360mm AIO as its more in keeping with your build, budget and case size.

But, a 360mm AIO in a well proportioned qaulity case will have no issues cooling your CPU. I would be more interested in the quality and noise generated by the fans. For your budget, i would expect relative silence...

Always top end air - less point of failure, cheaper and arguably quieter.

Associate
OP
Asking the wrong guy i'm afraid - i would have to look that up like you. Suspect there's very little in it. I mentioned the 360mm AIO as its more in keeping with your build, budget and case size.

But, a 360mm AIO in a well proportioned qaulity case will have no issues cooling your CPU. I would be more interested in the quality and noise generated by the fans. For your budget, i would expect relative silence...

Always top end air - less point of failure, cheaper and arguably quieter.

Okay, thank you.

Let's see if someone can assist.

Soldato
It’s really hard to say. RAM and SSD prices are anyone’s guess. Recently they have been in a downward trend. Intel CPU prices have been falling while AMD’s have increased. AMD seem to have a strategy to go after the highend gaming graphics market this time, but we have no clue on timeframes or what that looks likes. It could be faster at double the price this year and twice as fast for half the price next.

Soldato
Why are you aiming to spend £6k on that? You can build a great gaming system for £2.5k tops with a 3090 (although 3080 be more suited imo).

That looks like you've gone on a retailer's PC system configurator and filled every dropdown with the most expensive part possible... :o

Also asking in September 2020 about buying a rig near December 2021 is fruitless. Tech moves and changes so much, by then there will be another CPU/GPU/NVMe refresh of products across the board and the rest.

Come back and ask again around Oct/Nov 2021. ;)

Associate
It’s impossible to tell really, however the prices of RAM and SSDs are expected to continue to fall until Q1 2021 due to oversupply and lower demand.

Back
Top Bottom