My Rover VTEC Coupe

Soldato
OP
Hello all , thanks for the nice comments

The engine mounts are all custom ones, made by me. The gearlinkage is a CRX one and the exhaust manifold from the CRX fitted my exhaust system

ECU is also a PW0 UK CRX VT one, which is running everything perfectly with no ECU errors and no aftermarket controller, the drivshafts are hybrid ones i built after lots of headscratching. I was confused at first as the VTEC spool wire pin to the ECU was already filled, the honda diagrams didnt show anything of this wire on the 1.6 16v models.. but of course they never made an automatic CRX, plenty of Rovers though, the wire was the Auto lock out, just spliced into this wire, added 2 more for oil pressure at spool valve and a lamdba, then was getting a TPS error code, swapping the lambda sensors wires over sorted this though (the engine has 2 lambda each monitoring a pair of cylinder banks.

My donor car was stripped and the bits sold covered the cost of the car... effectively i got a free engine and running gear, oh and ive got a Spoon VTEC controller to play with aswell.

Going to PTS RR next weekend to play with ECU mapping

Ill be at pod on 18th May revving to that 8k mark.

And soon will be aquiring bits for a turbo conversion :)

Cheers

Jonny

Back
Top Bottom