my sister just spent £10,500 on...........

Soldato
Definately not what I'd have gone for, but your sister obviously has totally different criteria for what makes a good car.

Saying that though it does seem expensive - my Dad recently bought a brand new Mondeo TDCi for just over £10k.

Soldato
My grandad had one of these. An 03, 1.4 in red. I've tanned it a few times......not bad for what it is. If you put the seats down it's like a tardis!!! We managed to get half a double bed and a double matress in one (which we couldn't fit in my mum's X-Trail!)

Associate
As I always say, if people didn't buy new cars then there'd be no second hand ones for people like me!
But I must admit, £11k or whatever does sound like way too much for such a small car.
Maybe it's just me, but I can never see why people spend this sort of money on a small car. I couldn't - it's probably the thought of it losing 2 or 3 grand the minute you drive it off of the forecourt (and whatever silly amount going to the government). That probably goes for all cars actually. :(

Soldato
I've driven the 1.2 and the 1.4. The 1.4 is definately the better one as it's more economical in "real life" driving situations and it's surprisingly nippy (I recorded 0-60 in less than 11secs).

It's massive inside, and very very practical. It's the cleverest car in it's class by far. The steering can be vague and if she got the Yokohama A349 tyres, tell her to be VERY careful in the wet as they are pants.

All in all, it's a great choice for a mother :)

Man of Honour
wesley said:
she doesnt want focus or any car with 1.6 cos higher IG and road tax! she only do >10k miles a year

People who do this make me laugh.

OH MY GOD! I WILL SPEND TEN THOUSAND QUID IN THIS WAY SO I CAN SAVE 40 QUID A YEAR ON TAX.

Staggering.

Associate
[TW]Fox said:
People who do this make me laugh.

OH MY GOD! I WILL SPEND TEN THOUSAND QUID IN THIS WAY SO I CAN SAVE 40 QUID A YEAR ON TAX.

Staggering.

Just as bad as spending good mondey on a diesel to reap the benefits of being better off by a couple of quid a week. Thats almost as much as you can save by not saying "keep the change" every time you go to the newsagents.

Soldato
My sister is collecting her BMW 118d Sport tomorrow - Total cost : £22,715. It's a lot of cash for a small hatch, i'll have to take it for a drive to see if it's worth it.

Car
£19,940

Options
Metallic paintwork : £440
keyless door entry : £425
Comfort package - Rain sensor, cup holders, storage package, interior mirror with anti-dazzle function, front armrest, PDC - rear : £585
Rain sensor with automatic headlight activation : £85
Cruise Control : £175
Seat heating for driver and front passenger : £230
Multifunction steering wheel : £110
Xenon headlights : £560
Interior trim - Aluminium : £165

Back
Top Bottom