My System i7 4770k Sabertooth z87

Associate
Got some questions;

What RAM frequency am I able to install? the motherboard Sabertooth z87 specs suggest I can have 1333, 1600 or 1866, yet the cpu socket specs suggest 1333 or 1600.

Also I've had my system for a long time now, I bought it all from Overclockers some time ago (6/7+ years)

I've had problems which could be related to my RAM or my SSD which most likely is my SSD however my RAM is low (not rich sadly).

I have 2x 4gb of 1333mhz ram and a 60gb SSD with the OS (windows 10) installed.

I got the upgrade of my windows 7 to get windows 10 which makes me feel :S about formatting, I've thought about buying a new SSD with more capacity but I'm not great with hardware/software outside the basics like putting parts together and installing stuff ^^ I dont want to reinstall from my windows 7 disk and not get windows 10, is it possible to transfer the contents of one SSD to another were I to buy one and all my OS and C: drive files on this new SSD? preferably a way to do it free cos I'm living off bread and butter and potatoes :D

Also been thinking about getting a new graphics card, I know there was hype about 1080ti but they seem expensive, I currently have an AMD HIS Radion R9 280x but I think it could be faulty not sure.

I get weird artifacts on my screen often, more likely when playing performance intensive games, even League of Legends they appear;

A stretching plane that covers my whole or part of my screen when a certain model in camera view, or some strange blotchy squares that appear unmoving on my screen and flicker but dnt change shape. dealt with these issuse a long time.

I think it could be due to my computer shutting itself off in the early days due to power surges with the z87 cutting itself off. Which very rarely happens now since upgrading bios and getting surge protection adapters in the home sockets. That said the glitches are still present, kinda ruins being able to play certain games for me, sometimes I even get blue screened. Rip.

not sure what my system needs, could be that I didnt get a correct heatsink for my cpu but it still works even if it wasn't meant for my specific mobo/cpu. computer stuff is complicated.

Permabanned
What RAM frequency am I able to install? the motherboard Sabertooth z87 specs suggest I can have 1333, 1600 or 1866, yet the cpu socket specs suggest 1333 or 1600.

You can run 2666mhz no problem. But I wouldn't waste my money. If you must buy ram for that system just buy what's cheap around 1866 to 2133, this should be best bang for buck

I get weird artifacts on my screen often, more likely when playing performance intensive games, even League of Legends they appear

New gpu time..

Back
Top Bottom