1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My WG511T keeps crashing winXP pro SP2

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by eh?, 23 Jan 2006.

1. eh?

Gangster

My Netgear PCMCIA wireless WG511T keeps crashing winXP pro SP2

HELP

I'm going mad, I've just bought a Netgear WG511T for my laptop to use with my DG834GT ADSL/router. Problem is the card keeps crashing windows (just hangs completely after a random amount of time). I've tried the latest (and a few other) drivers from the Netgear website - still keeps crashing. I've also tried the Atheros_4.1.2.71 driver, not much help.

any ideas appreciated

thanks in advance

Last edited: 26 Jan 2006
  2. eh?

Gangster

sorry to post in my post but has anyone else got this card working?

3. Skilldibop

Wise Guy

sounds like classic driver/software incompatability are you running off netgear software or XP wifi management?

4. eh?

Gangster

I've tried using netgear and winXP to search/connect to wireless networks. Both result in crashing.

5. York

Hitman

You wouldn't happen to be using a dell laptop would you? There seems to be some problem with the WG511T and dell laptops, no matter what driver set or software you use. Best suggestion is to use another card :(

6. eh?

Gangster

I'm using a compaq armada M700, Im going to try windows 2000 - if no good, will return the card :(