1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My xbox 360 came :D:D !!

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by salami1212, 13 Jul 2006.

1. jamie2497

Wise Guy

Some games do , some don't. GRAW has points for each level you completed on normal then each level you complete on hard :)

2. NokkonWud

Caporegime

Couldn't agree more.
    I didn't mind paying £60 at all, after all, I'll pay £40 for a game and play it for a couple of months at most, whereas I will use the Wireless adapter for 4 years.

3. NokkonWud

Caporegime

Some games you unlock all the difficulties below it, i.e. Project Gotham Racing or Perfect Dark Zero, but some need completing on all difficulties such as Ghost Recon or Hitman: Blood Money.

4. salami1212

Mobster

if i played cod 2 on hard, would i get more points then normal say. and then if i completed normal afterwards, would i still get points. Also, paul, can you change it to "SaLaM1" (5 gamer score :D)

5. NokkonWud

Caporegime

You only get gamerscore for Call of Duty 2 for playing in Veteran mode. You wouldn't get any points for completing it in any other way. If you go to your dashboard and select your gamertag there's an option to see any games you've played, if you select that you can see what the achievements are for. It will tell you there that they are for completing Call of Duty 2 in Veteran.

You could also go to any numerous Achievement websites, http://www.xbox360achievements.org for example.

All the gamerscores update automatically over a specific time no the-reviewer.

6. gib786

Banned

i finally bit the bullet and ordered one, £300 for the premium, plus fight night, project gotham, oblivion, halo 1, halo 2, doa 3 and the vga cable and wifi dongle, im prayin it arrives on time on saturday!

7. ra5a-libre

Banned

woah some nice choice of games ;)

8. Thesnipergecko

Soldato

Added, theres a big thread full of everyones xbox live name's. Should be a sticky if you ask me :p

Done :)

Paul ...

Last edited: 13 Jul 2006
  9. gib786

Banned

aye, was off ebay, just picked up burnout revenge or £23 from a forum, now i just have to get rid of oblivion as i played the pc version and didnt like it

10. salami1212

Mobster

what does that do? is it wireless internet for live?

also is the only wireless hardware that will work with xbox live that £60 wireless thing?

edit: and can u get gamer points thru demos?

Edit: also, say if u dont have a hard drive or memory card, can you hav a gamer account?

Last edited: 13 Jul 2006
  11. Thesnipergecko

Soldato

Nope cant get points through demo's even though it shows up in your played games on xbox.com

Paul ...

12. salami1212

Mobster

any1 answer the other questions?

13. NokkonWud

Caporegime

Yeah, you can as all your information is saved onto your online gamertag via the passport network.

However, it would be exceedingly hard to actually get anywhere on any games without being able to save the game data (which isn't stored).

You would also have to continually add your gamertag details onto the Xbox360 I believe.

14. gord

Capodecina

It means you can have your xbox in your living room and PC in another room, so yes its wireless internet for your xbox.

I believe people have tried to use other hardware but with little success. The official wireless jobby is the way to go if you want wireless for your 360.

15. roboffer

Sgarrista

Well, ~90% of the gamer points are for Veteran. You get a few for completing training and some for completing the game on any setting, but if you want them all it has to be done on Veteran.

Actually popped onto this last night for a little while, cant remember why I didnt get further on it previously although maybe the anger running through me last night after failing to reach checkpoints might have something to do with it :D

16. DaveyD

Man of Honour

The wireless adapter allows the xbox to connect with a wireless router, so you can play on Live wirelessly, and also connect to other Xbox 360s and PCs. There are 3 ways you can connect to live:

Ethernet cable to Router/Modem
    Official WiFi through wireless router
    A Wireless bridge, as seen here

Demos, I don't think you can get points from them, though I'm sure there's always the possibility.

I've not played a 360 without a HDD or memory card, so I guess you'll just have to re-enter an account every time you switch on. Though you don't need to worry about that as you've got a premium anyway.

17. salami1212

Mobster

cheers people

18. salami1212

Mobster

1 more thing (sorry :p), there is that black thing on the front of the xbox just above "memory unit a". What does it do?
    Cheers

19. Wrathamon

Wise Guy

It's the IR receiver for the DVD remote controls etc.

20. Fraggr

Mobster

From what I've read, Live doesn't work without a hard drive/memory unit, even if you re-enter your details every time.

May just be unclear on the websites though, and it may just be a case of having to re-enter details continuously.

As said before, you've got a premium, which comes with a hard drive, so it doesn't matter. :)