Nachos - how do you eat yours?

Soldato
congratulations, instead of seeing my bag of doritos and salsa dip as a snack for later, you've forced me to see it as a meal in itself and gorge on the lot! I hope you're happy with yourselves :/

My ultimate Nachos comes from the Empire Cinema, its tortilla, some melted cheese which I'm sure has never been anywhere near a cow, and handfuls of jalapeños

However if I'm making at home, its Tortillas, bit of salsa drizzled on top, grated mature cheader bashed in the oven for about 10 min, the served with handfuls of jalapeños

Soldato
OP
Interesting to see a lot of people are going for mozeralla on theirs. Hmmm going to have to stop off on the way home and pick some up to try I think.

Not too keen on guacamole on nachos personally, fajiata's yes but not nachos.

daz

daz

Soldato
All it is ...

1 ripe avocado
juice of half a lime
quarter of a diced onion
chopped chillis (to taste)
pinch of salt (to taste)
little bit of chopped coriander (again, to taste)

Just mash the avocado and put all the ingredients in and you've got a tasty guacemole... it's a million times better than shop bought stuff. Just look at the ingredients list of the old el paso stuff (it has to be "shelf stable" remember :o)

Soldato
If i do a party or something i do "Hanks Special Nacho's"

Get a big metal roasting tin, first 2 layers will be shreaded chicken with red oinion, peppers in med spiced bbq/cajun sauce, not too wet so nachos dont go soggy, and chese of course, and each layer gets its cheese melted before next layer.

then next 2/3 layers are chilli or taco beef/ cheese, lettuce, sour cream.

Its total aceness, and is big enough for like the main section of a meal for 6ish people.

Soldato
Hot salsa, refried beans, pickled jalepenos. plenty of cheese, sour cream.

In the oven though so everything heats through nicely, sour cream on after it's come out the oven though.

This.

Plus a load of guacamole too.

Home made guacamole I always do:

1 ripe avocado,
1 ripe tomato, skins and pips removed,
1 small clove of garlic,
1/4 of a red onion,
1 red chilli, seeds removed,
Juice of half a lime,
Salt and pepper to taste.

And just adjust if using more than one avocado.

Bung it all in a food processor a wizz into a purée and garnish with some fresh coriander.

Associate
Layered like so

- Lots of Grated Cheese -
- Fried Mince/Chicken pieces -
Refried Beans - Guacamole - Salsa - Nacho Cheese
- Tortilla Chips -

At least two layers of the above preferably three... then whacked under the grill and served with salsa and sour cream to dip.

You can't skimp on Nachos! :D

Back
Top Bottom