Name my new pet rats.

Soldato
OP
Many thanks for that, greatly appreciated.

Is hard. Like you, I think this will be our last pair for a very long time. WHile it is great having them for the time yo do, it is very short indeed.

One of our last pair died of mammary tumours....that was not a good week as Gladys died on the Tuesday (in my hands too) which was 3 days before I deployed for 4 months.......

:(

One of mine developed a mammary tumour just last month. She was taken to the vets and had it removed. £120! Vets aren't daft are they :D

What cap badge are you?

Associate
I was a rat owner for last 6 years, but my last 4 boys went within 5 weeks of each other start of the year.

Rats are easily the best pets ive ever owend (or close first with dogs) they're so intelligent, inquisitive and really can brighten a bad day up. But their short life-span, and the fact they can catch almost anything meant they my OH and I decided enough emotional pain has been caused.

Sorry to hear about the news Shelster.

Associate
Edit: nevermind, looks like we're a bit past naming suggestions!

Sorry to hear that Shelster.

Last edited:
Soldato
You have my sympathies too, we had three rats and I have to say they were some of the best pets I've ever had, so much character and so much fun but sadly they don't live very long.

Associate
You have my sympathies too, we had three rats and I have to say they were some of the best pets I've ever had, so much character and so much fun but sadly they don't live very long.

Sorry to hear of your loss :( I agree with the above. I had rats and they're amazing little pets. Mine were both put to sleep due to tumours :( I couldn't get anymore as I was devastated! They don't live long enough and they've got so much life and character in them. I couldn't put myself through that again.

Back
Top Bottom