Nanobeam setup Issue

Soldato
This is doing my head in. Setting up two ptp nanobeams before going up on the walls. I have both connected fine. However there is no internet. Devices show up on my home network after I scan but nothing. When I use the ping tool on one of the nanobeams, I can ping the devices on the network and devices on the internet. Can’t use google.co.uk etc.

I have set dns servers in the config, set the gateway correctly and even used dhcp and set a static IP but nothing.

Normally use Nanostations but these are my first nanobeams and of to a bad start.

Any help would be appreciated.

Caporegime
I'm guessing you're just using this to extend coverage to another building?

It's been a while since I logged on to a point to point unit running AirOS, and it was an older version, but do you have it in bridge mode? I don't even remember having to setup DNS on them as you'd just set a management IP and the link would just work as if the switches at each end were just connected via cable.

Soldato
OP
Extending a BT Fiber connection to a building at the end of a yard for a mate. In Bridge mode etc. Link works perfectly but can’t bring up google webpage etc. It should work!!

Caporegime
What does ipconfig show on a laptop connected to the far end of the link vs. an ipconfig from a laptop plugged into the router.

It could be an MTU issue, have you upgraded the Nanobeams to the latest firmware and defaulted them just to see if there's some weird config in there?

Back
Top Bottom