1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Napster

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Izi, 6 Oct 2009.

1. Izi

Mobster

So I just signed up to Napster.

I am not sure if its news or not, but now all songs are MP3.

Also their service is £5/month for unlimited streaming, plus you get to download 5 songs for free included in that.

Like i say, not sure if this is news or not. I just got a promo email this morning.

Makes more sense than spotify doesnt it?

2. JonnyGLC

Mobster

Why does it make more sense than Spotify?

Spotify is free for unlimited streaming....

3. Izi

Mobster

with adverts every couple of songs...

I was refering to their 9.99 deal for streaming but litterally getting no songs to keep at the end.

4. Nymins

Sgarrista

Spotify Premium now allows unlimited downloads of songs for offline listening and it says you can store 3,333 songs on up to three devices including your phone.

Plus with Premium you can use it on the iPhone and listen to unlimited songs for free.

5. Izi

Mobster

but you have to keep paying for the downloaded songs to work.

i am thinking of the future, i dont want to be tied to a service for the rest of my days.

I see this way I get to collect songs, (staying legal), with out the worry of being tied in.

6. Shamikebab

Capo Crimine

5 songs a month? so you would be able to get a short album every two months? That is a terrible deal if that's what you want it for.

7. Izi

Mobster

show me a better deal?

i hate posts which give an opinion but don't back it up with anything.

Last edited: 6 Oct 2009
  8. Shamikebab

Capo Crimine

I'm just saying 5 songs is absolutely pointless. I'd rather use a free streaming service (such as last.fm or Spotify) and then buy an album or two a month.

9. Izi

Mobster

its a streaming service like spotify/last.fm but you get to keep at least some of your songs if you cancel membership....

10. Shamikebab

Capo Crimine

Yeah but it's 5 songs a month! For most albums it would take you 3 months to even get an album!

11. Darey

Hitman

This is the problem with the music industry. They keep saying change needs to happen, but still, 10 years after Napster nothing has changed. I bought a cd, £13.49 inc delivery few weeks ago. Spotify £9.99 a month. FFS!

12. Shamikebab

Capo Crimine

You bought a CD for £13.49 :eek: tell me it was rare or something?

13. Darey

Hitman

Well, it's signed by the band, and limited quantity. £8.99 for the normal one. But it's still expensive when a month of spotify is £9.99. I don't have the answers, otherwise I would be a rich man.

14. Shamikebab

Capo Crimine

Ah well signed is a different thing. I think the most I've spent for an album ever was £14.99 for a copy of www.pitchshifter.com from *** just because I had a voucher and it was the only thing I wanted.

15. Izi

Mobster

i never buy albums. find it pointless - i dont think i have ever listend to an albumn where i have liked more than a couple of songs.