NAS Drive to replace Cloud service? (Android)

Associate
Despite paying for a cloud service, I've run out of space. My Google cloud service is great - I can choose what folders to back up from my Android device (including the SD card), and it even organises them into folders based on the year and month! One Drive is another good service that lets you choose what folders to backup including the SD Card.

I'm looking for a NAS drive to replace this, but a lot of them seem to be slightly misleading customers. I bought a WD Cloud Home where they advertise 'backup "ALL" your photos and videos from your device' when in reality, all it will backup is your camera roll folder, and no other folders from your gallery containing pictures/videos.

After researching, I find that there seems to be no NAS drive that you can buy, which will backup multiple folders from your phone, or folders on the SD Card. How is this possible? surely I can't be the only one who wants to backup my phone completely and not just the camera roll? I would have thought this would be a very common need for Android users.

If anyone knows of a brand that will do this, I'd be grateful!

So far these are the things I've researched:

WD My Cloud Home: Camera Roll backup only, software incredibly buggy and hasn't been updated since October 2018, it's main software rating is 1 star. Customer services would not even confirm that they would fix the issue. Ended up taking the drive back for a refund.

WD My Cloud: ? (Unable to find if the software supports it or not)

QNAP (Qsync for Android): Can only select ONE folder from the SD card to synchronise. "No schedule or timetable" for a fix for this.

Seagate personal Cloud: Said they were discontinuing and pointed me to Qnap and Synology and Drobo

Synology (DS Cloud app): SD cards are not supported in the latest versions of Android, but was added to earlier versions of android

Drobo: ? (Unable to find if the software supports it or not)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help !

Associate
OP
To anyone who might have this same problem, it appears even QNAP made a mistake about their own NAS lol. The android app needed is actually Qfile, and this does seem to backup the entire gallery - even if it's multiple folders on the SD Card. So I bought a QNAP and it works great!

Back
Top Bottom